User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 40

  1. #11
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    A healthy strong thinker will acknowledge their feeling side. An unhealthy strong thinker won't. If you don't acknowledge your feeling side, you'll definitely be a risk to yourself.

    Sounds simple, but that's really the only answer I can think of.

  2. #12
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    If they haven't developed much of a feeling function then I would say yes.
    What about the whole internal feeling thing and not knowing how to express/vent properly? Or is this what you mean?

  3. #13
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    A healthy strong thinker will acknowledge their feeling side. An unhealthy strong thinker won't. If you don't acknowledge your feeling side, you'll definitely be a risk to yourself.

    Sounds simple, but that's really the only answer I can think of.
    What do you mean by "acknowledge their feeling side"? Especially in the context of the day-to-day life of a strong T. Also what would count as ignoring it?

  4. #14
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    I don't understand the question, what do you mean, Beat?
    I'm not sure how to expound much further. :/

  5. #15
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    What do you mean by "acknowledge their feeling side"? Especially in the context of the day-to-day life of a strong T. Also what would count as ignoring it?
    Acknowledging your feeling side really means the same thing as using feeling.

    Thinking about your values and factoring them into decision making is what a healthy Thinker should do. Otherwise, they'll just be surprised by their reactions to things.

  6. #16
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Thinking about your values and factoring them into decision making is what a healthy Thinker should do
    This is what any human being does.

    Maybe do you have a more specific example of what you're talking about in mind?

  7. #17
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    This is what any human being does.

    Maybe do you have a more specific example of what you're talking about in mind?
    That's unfortunately not what every human being does...

    I dunno, think about repression. Something traumatic happens, and you push it down. You don't acknowledge the thing that happened when you're making decisions, therefore it will come out randomly when you don't expect it. It would be more healthy to acknowledge that there is work to be done about the emotional issue, and that full functioning is impossible before the event is processed.

  8. #18
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    That's unfortunately not what every human being does...

    I dunno, think about repression. Something traumatic happens, and you push it down. You don't acknowledge the thing that happened when you're making decisions, therefore it will come out randomly when you don't expect it. It would be more healthy to acknowledge that there is work to be done about the emotional issue, and that full functioning is impossible before the event is processed.
    Do you think F types are any more likely to want or to be able to deal with the negative emotions associated with traumatic events? Maybe the negative emotion could be too much for the F to handle, while the T might feel less of those negative emotions. If anything, it seems very strong F types will have more outbreaks and emotional problems with repressed memories.

    However, maybe a T will be more likely to totally explode at one point, but since they are T, perhaps that can act as an advantage allowing them to look and deal with their issues from a detached, more objective standpoint

  9. #19
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    LOL well as long as you're just starting to think, knock it off, you'll be fine.
    Wow, you're right! That was easy! Yay for blind loyalty!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  10. #20
    Senior Member Bella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    They can be if they piss everyone else off through "no sympathy" and not making personal alliances but the then their own logic is not sound enough to keep them out of danger zones in their lives, people will be burnt out on them and in return not give them any sympathy or help them out.

    In other words, if one is going to stand alone without personal alliances or sympathy for others, one must be damned sure they are capable of sailing the boat alone.
    I agree with what you say, but this supposed lack of sympathy we have.....I don't know if it's sympathy, it might just be a lack of fussing. I don't even fuss over myself.....
    I feel sorry for people, just not for very long.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

    It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTJ] ENTJ Women: are you "sexual beings" (i.e., prone to slutty behavior)?
    By baccheion in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-13-2015, 05:08 PM
  2. Are you in a career prone to psychopaths?
    By Rail Tracer in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 12:21 PM
  3. Which personality types are prone to drug addiction?
    By hotmale in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Are intuitives more prone to perfectionism?
    By Snow Turtle in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 07:08 PM
  5. [MBTItm] INFJs-are you prone to getting concrete info to verify intuition?
    By karenk in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 04:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO