123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    STFU
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    ILE None

Default What if Feeler types stopped feeling? What would happen?

Because some problems are caused by feelings.

So i thought if feelings is ceased then no problems?

Feelings - being too emotional *fyi*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

What kind of a question is this? All humans feel. It's impossible to stop feeling. And thinking types feel too. Even if you could stop feeling, the thing that caused you to feel bad would still exist so it accomplishes nothing.
    EII - Fi - INFj
    9w8(963, The Mediator)
    sx/so
    SLOEI
    Likes Trash Panda liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    792 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Then the world would literally have no meaning for Feeler types. If emotion is the lens you use to understand the world, as logic is the lens Thinkers view the world, then how would the world make sense for a Feeler that doesn't perceive it through this language?
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes kotoshinohaisha, Abcdenfp liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    STFU
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ribbon View Post
    What kind of a question is this? All humans feel. It's impossible to stop feeling. And thinking types feel too. Even if you could stop feeling, the thing that caused you to feel bad would still exist so it accomplishes nothing.
    Feeling too much emotions or too much unnecessary feelings.

Being emotional

Permabanned
    MBTI
    STFU
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Then the world would literally have no meaning for Feeler types. If emotion is the lens you use to understand the world, as logic is the lens Thinkers view the world, then how would the world make sense for a Feeler that doesn't perceive it through this language?
    Make sense
    Likes Scapegoated 4 fun liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP

Hmmm I think that would lead to said Feelers being forced to rely on their other functions and in essence become second rate Thinkers as they would then be forced to use their lower thinking function. It would suck for them in other words :P and it would be like cutting someones legs off and foricng them to depend on their arms to move around in a metaphysical sense.

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    792 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Brainz View Post
    Hmmm I think that would lead to said Feelers being forced to rely on their other functions and in essence become second rate Thinkers as they would then be forced to use their lower thinking function. It would suck for them in other words :P and it would be like cutting someones legs off and foricng them to depend on their arms to move around in a metaphysical sense.
    So, Feelers that don't feel are essentially people in wheelchairs? Is that why homeless people in wheelchairs are sad? Because they don't have a home? Nope, because they're feelers that can't feel. Such a shame

Dreamer the ENTP is here
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    So, Feelers that don't feel are essentially people in wheelchairs? Is that why homeless people in wheelchairs are sad? Because they don't have a home? Nope, because they're feelers that can't feel. Such a shame

Dreamer the ENTP is here
    He he stop thinking your an ENTP, I pity you for thinking you can be as awesome as us . Besides I do think you have a very good point above in that feelers who dont access their feeling function are effectively crippled as they are not using something they are strong at. This I why I think NF men are seen as lame as they in roder to fit in with other guys have to repress the N and F functions and use their S and T functions so they become a second rate ST not a first rate NF .

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kotoshinohaisha View Post
    Feeling too much emotions or too much unnecessary feelings.

Being emotional
    But is the solution to that not to feel at all? Sensitivity can be overcome. Also people who feel a lot can become great artists and writers. They can also emote their feelings to others. Why would you want to give up on that?
    EII - Fi - INFj
    9w8(963, The Mediator)
    sx/so
    SLOEI
    Likes kotoshinohaisha liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ribbon View Post
    But is the solution to that not to feel at all? Sensitivity can be overcome. Also people who feel a lot can become great artists and writers. They can also emote their feelings to others. Why would you want to give up on that?
    Feelings certainly have a place in art as I think passion is one of them that has driven many sucessful things in the world. All great people IMO have a certain level of passion to them that drives them to accomplish great things. However I do think some emotions are far more useful in the past such as fear (A emotion we had to feel in order to suirve but in our modern world can lead to things like stage fright and all that).