• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

For people who see words over people's head when they're talking

read title + does incorrect grammar and spelling bother you more than average

• yes, I do what is the title and grammar/spelling errors bother me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Generally for me I dont really care about spelling and grammar in day to day stuff (Texting, IMs e.t.c). However I do think that good spelling and grammar is very important for professional settings like work and acidemica as it makes you look more presentable. Generally I think context is more important than presentation but good presentation doesn't hurt so I do think spelling and grammar is important but id say im generally about average in caring about stuff like that.

HisKittyKat

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
4w5
I do think its important we have a decent amount of proper grammar and spelling . What I don't agree with is those who go around correcting everyone for the sake of looking better. We all make mistakes, sometimes we are lazy, other times especially in text we can be left with words we didn't type. If we are apply for a job or having to pass something in it probably is a good Idea to make sure there are no spelling errors, but for fucks sake don't be a grammar nazi, it really makes those who point out flaws in others look more Ignorant than the person who doesn't have good grammar. We have no Idea what some people have done or didn't do for education, maybe they couldn't afford schooling, there could be many possibilities. On a day to day bases we should at least try to attempt to spell properly and use decent grammar, however if we don't we shouldn't have to go to trail and be hung as if we committed a crime. I try and go easy on those who may not be as educated as I am, and trust me I don't have near as much education as some people. And If I was in a position to correct them , I certainly wouldn't do it on a public forum, or in front of people to make myself look better.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Do you feel that you care more about grammar and spelling then others around you on average? are you the type to correct or at least be heavily annoyed by other's typos

inspiration this thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru.../89626-words-people-speaking.html#post2832530

ok the second option is suppose to have a don't.

Yes. But the amount of shit people give me and others about it is astounding. I chalk this up to an overall embrace of idiocy and shunning of scholarship and learning, in general. It's simply more fashionable to be a fucking moron, apparently. Now I just look at it like - you can stay over there and do your thing, I will do my thing and let's hope we never have to grade each others' papers.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I dont really see letters above peoples heads- and I dont much care about grammar as long I can mostly understand what a persons trying to get across. So maybe there is a corralation.

-Outsider-

Milkwalker
My brain hurts. Don't care about the spelling errors or anything though.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yes. But the amount of shit people give me and others about it is astounding. I chalk this up to an overall embrace of idiocy and shunning of scholarship and learning, in general. It's simply more fashionable to be a fucking moron, apparently. Now I just look at it like - you can stay over there and do your thing, I will do my thing and let's hope we never have to grade each others' papers.

I actually am terrible at spelling and grammar. i have someone proofread my papers for school before turning them in.I don't try on forums but, I do for school work. I wrote an article and I actually got a person to edit and proof it and it went through several drafts.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
My brain hurts. Don't care about the spelling errors or anything though.

ok 1st option is yes i see words over people's heads and i care about grammar
2nd is i see words over people's heads and i don't care about grammar
3rd is i dont see words i care about grammar
4th is i dont see words i don't care about grammar.