User Tag List

123 Last

ThatGirl

Default MBTI as Cognitive Therapy?

Is the MBTI cognitive therapy for people with mental disorders?

ThatGirl

I am saying this because I think there would be a strong correlation between certain types an certain disorders.

Come on you have never read a type and thought that would be the most likely to have:

Obsessive Compulisve behavior,
    Depression,
    Anxiety
    Sociopathic
    schizo

MBTI helps to say you are but because of and it is ok, possibly relieving fear and giving purpose

MBTI
    INFP
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Is the MBTI cognitive therapy for people with mental disorders?
    Are you serious?

MBTI is at best a party game, and at worst, a cult.

A person with a mental disorder has a psychosis.

And a psychotic is out of touch with reality.

So not only is cognitive therapy contra-indicated for psychosis but party games or cults are damaging.

It seems to me that to ask such a question means you believe your own propaganda.

And this is the first sin of any propagandist.

I am sure you are a naive and narcissistic propagandist, but it doesn't change the facts.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Thread retitled.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

To say a certain type expresses a behavior more often doesn't excuse that behavior. If it's a problem, it's a problem.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I think you could make statistically significant correlations between MBTI types and mental disorders.

But that doesn't really help, now, does it? Correlation and causation are completely different...

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    I think you could make statistically significant correlations between MBTI types and mental disorders.
    Good heavens, you can't even make statistically significant correlations between MBTI types and personality. So you have absolutely no chance of making statistically significant correlations between MBTI types and mental disorders.

Have we disappeared down the rabbit hole with Alice? Should we - could we consult the White Rabbit or perhaps the Queen of Hearts?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Good heavens, you can't even make statistically significant correlations between MBTI types and personality. So you have absolutely no chance of making statistically significant correlations between MBTI types and mental disorders.

Have we disappeared down the rabbit hole with Alice? Should we - could we consult the White Rabbit or perhaps the Queen of Hearts?
    Sorry, but you're wrong. Hopefully someone else will come and link a study, because I'm drunk and tired and you bother me too much for me to care to look it up.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Diagnoses don't correlate with given types (other than depression; no surprise that INFPs have more problems with it given that they are opposite general "norms")

ESFJ/ENFJ mothers are most likely to bring in their extraverted thinking preschoolers, certain that their normal behavior is a sign of autism.

In restrictive school environments (i.e., the child is supposed to sit still for long periods) EP children are most likely to be inappropriately referred for ADHD. C'mon, if they were allergic to wheat we'd stop feeding it to them but if they are "allergic" to inactivity we medicate them...

All types can have various disorders but for each, certain types are more likely to be misdiagnosed.
    edcoaching