• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Visual learning style

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
I understand that I'm a pretty strong visual learner. I can easily recall info from maps (I happen to be into history, so I can get a kick out of studying it through maps, and I like physical geography as well, and also have an interest in economic history, which is interesting to correlate with physical geography for me).

Anyways, I want to discuss the visual learning style. Does the use of visual aids help make learning more stimulating for you? What field(s) of knowledge are you most interested in, and how do you use visual aids in your learning process (no need to give an exhaustive description)?

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a visual learner. I think it's easier for some people to learn from images than from words because the natural world itself is visual, not linguistic, and our brains are wired for a visual world. The problem is that many aspects of the world now are more linguistic than visual. We've been moving in this direction for a long time, since most modern technology is based on language (programming code, and on a more basic level, binary code), and technology is currently at the center of how our world functions. This article goes into detail about it: A Brief Rant on the Future of Interaction Design