User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All people are the same?

I think that people liek to believe they are unique, but really they arn't at all. We are all people, we are all subject to human emotion and experience. There was a presentation at my school today from a guy who did charity work in Tanzania in eastern africa, and he said that the people in Tanzania were exactly like the people in Canada, and even at my high school (he used to go to my high school like ten years ago). That just about sums it up right there. Maybe they have different clothes, maybe they have a different accent or music style, and maybe they place more importance on community then materialistic wealth or whatever, but they are the same in any really important respect. As much as people, including myself soemtimes, don't seem to like to admit they may not be unique, they arn't, and the more I think about it the more I think that is pretty awesome...

We all have breaking points, true, but within the same crisis situation--be it divorce, illness, job loss, terrorism-- types are stressed by different factors. A few examples we found in interviews.

ENFPs crack when all options seem closed
    INFJs crack when they realize they can't do it themselves
    ESTPs crack when the present moment is nightmarish and they can't perceive it changing
    ENFJs crack when a relationship is shattered

So perhaps all of us are capable of going postal, but the trigger will be different...

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I do believe the vast majority of people could be driven to psychosis. Thankfully, few are.
    Too late for me. There goes my empathy. Time to torture my math teacher... LOL!