User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Socionics. I'm not so sure...

The types are based on the Typology types, but I guess they're somewhat different. The only source I really looked at described the way people's bone structures were shaped being good indicators of type. This sounds like outdated bullshit. The eight shapes are kind of annoying because they just refer to the functions, and I'd rather remember "Te" than "clear L-shape." Typology was not built upon, it was ripped off. Or at least that's the way it seems. I actually haven't done the research. But that's why I want to know your opinions. I heard that the Socionics type is the same as the Typology type only about 70% of the time. So I could be an ENFj according to typology, though I'm a strong P. Maybe I could even be something way, way off! Does this theory have any merit? If it does, it could be one of the most useful theories to use off the cuff for communication.

Can anyone tell me anything?

MBTI
    INTJ

From what I have seen and heard, I don't care for it.

I like just having one system I understand well that I can use successfully.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    From what I have seen and heard, I don't care for it.

I like just having one system I understand well that I can use successfully.
    I agree. Carl Jung's theory is elegant in its simplicity, and yet complex enough to account for the infinite varaitions we see in people. IMHO, Socionics introduces unnecessary and somewhat forced additional levels of complication and obfuscation to the theory.

The only part of it I might subscribe to is linking physiology with type. I have observed that certain types often have a distinct facial or body type which can aid in their identification. However, I find the old distinctions of ectomorph, endomorph and mesomorph to be more useful for this purpose.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    ENTP

I do enjoy the physical type descriptions though:

Intuitive-Logical Extratim - ENTp (The Inventor)

NTps usually have a distant, far away look in their eyes and it often seems as though they are paying little attention to what is going on. During conversation ENTps like to play with objects, like a pen for example, often accidentally breaking it. They may gesticulate when passionately telling a story.

ENTps do not know how to keep the right psychological distance with people. This becomes especially noticeable during long term interaction. One day they can be friendly and the next day they can be completely opposite. They often behave unceremoniously and can rudely butt in on others conversations. ENTps can also find it difficult to evaluate how others feel about them and therefore can make mistakes when choosing friends.
    All true.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Socionics throws you for a loop. I disagree with almost all their celebrity type-jobs, but their Intertype Relations are the best available.

They screw the pooch on some of it like every other school.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

socionics is ehh
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Socionics
    SLI

Do any of you have actually experience in dealing with socionics? Or are these just impressions of it, not genuine criticism?

I've been into socionics for quite some time, feel free to ask me anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    I agree. Carl Jung's theory is elegant in its simplicity, and yet complex enough to account for the infinite varaitions we see in people. IMHO, Socionics introduces unnecessary and somewhat forced additional levels of complication and obfuscation to the theory.

The only part of it I might subscribe to is linking physiology with type. I have observed that certain types often have a distinct facial or body type which can aid in their identification. However, I find the old distinctions of ectomorph, endomorph and mesomorph to be more useful for this purpose.
    How about phrenology?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

It has a neat intertype relations chart that MBTI doesn't have that explains why some types get along better than others, and goes over how different types contribute to social progress, which MBTI also doesn't cover.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I do enjoy the physical type descriptions though:

Intuitive-Logical Extratim - ENTp (The Inventor)

All true.
    And all not true with my ENTP friend, he is pretty much the opposite.

Socionics is about how people behave, it basically tries to put jungs typology into behaviors, which doesent really fit too well, because jungs typology is about cognition and for behavioral output there are other factors playing a part too that make it nearly impossible to type based on behavior. Behavior is based so much in other stuff that typing based on it is not a trusted way. Sure some people might feel that the descriptions of bone structure and/or behavior fits them, but, so do some people who are into astrology..

It does have seemingly good interaction stuff, but i would be quite skeptical when reading them
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read