• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Women are better than men.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wasn't multi tasking a myth anyway? Really that multi tasking is just more able to switch from on focus to the other quicker?

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
...perhaps the title ought to have been changed to 'Women are better than men at multitasking'?

I do wonder what applications there are for being able to quickly switch between different tasks. Did anyone get the multitasking test in the article working? I'd be interested in taking it, but the link didn't seem functional.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I suck at this, unless I'm in the zone which lately seems like never.

ADHD for the win.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not a myth. Write now I'm eating breakfast and typing. Beat that, men.

Just have faith he's pressing his thumbs ok? I'm trying here
b25e0443c3a854b8ba77c9f26496b1fd.gif

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
But are they better...than Khan?

i_am_better___star_trek_gif_by_rainrivermusic-d6r9tz1.gif

Even assuming nurture is a stronger influence on stuff like this than nature, I think it all originates at potty training.

Men are conditioned to focus and aim at a target about twice a day from that age forward, while women just sit and let their minds wander at ease. Obviously this conditioning has likely side effects.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I breath, my heart beets, blood pumps through my veins, I digest food all at once. Yeah maybe this multitasking thing is real.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you... work, eat breakfast, and type? *mind blown*

My job involves a lot of typing and analyzing forecast reports whilst having to answer a phone frequently. There's little time for leisurely breaks so I eat while I work

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My job involves a lot of typing and analyzing forecast reports whilst having to answer a phone frequently. There's little time for leisurely breaks so I eat while I work

lol are you taking this seriously?

Tengri

Apparently, it's science. It's from the BBC, so it seems pretty legit.

Women 'better at multitasking' than men, study finds - BBC News

Thoughts? What can be done to help men keep up with women? Why do you think men struggle with something so simple?
There are a few articles citing a study from August 2016 that are exploring those same sex-related differences. Not sure if it needs to be remedied, though. Girls have a verbal/interpersonal advantage developmentally, so maybe schools need to retrofit to cater to the risk taking/gross motor track of boys. Experiential learning and hands-on sensory stuff tends to even out the skills learned between genders, too. I remember a lot of my profs saying how many more women than men get degrees in higher education, and I think this is because of inclination not intelligence, since men and women share the same human brain

Source: Sex- and age-related characteristics of brain functioning during task switching (fMRI study) | SpringerLink

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
We were built for the hunt, not minding the cave.

I don't think that is a relevant argument anymore.

I mean, considering the amount of men I know who ask me to go outside for them because there may be spiders.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I don't think that is a relevant argument anymore.

I mean, considering the amount of men I know who ask me to go outside for them because there may be spiders.

You know some bitch ass men.