• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does a persons typing affect the way you treat them?.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does a persons typing affect the way you treat them?

Kind of.

I like knowing what buttons I can push to make them do what I want.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not really, I dont look at people and only see type. The first thing I notice are their interests/tastes, opinions, quirks, etc. And that's what draws me to them. I might talk about different things with different people, but that's not because of type, usually it's based on what we have in common.

Jaguar

I am curious if peoples typing's affect the way you approach them around the forum. Presume you have no prior knowledge of the person how does typing affect the way you treat them as a person. For instance I tend to be more gentle with certain types than others. Type 9 IxFxs will get a far diffrent treatment than say a ExTJ 8 from me.

Some stick that shit in their profile hoping for people like you to fall for it. Don't.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mmmm I think depending on what type I see is how I expect you to respond to things I say, but I do not change myself in accordance to someone's type.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
crud, I have no idea :unsure:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Knowing nothing else about a person, a self-identified type offers a first-order approximation about how they might communicate and make decisions. As I get to know them, this is overwritten with data from actual interactions, which may or may not be consistent with that initial approximation. This forms a much more reliable basis for assessment.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Some stick that shit in their profile hoping for people like you to fall for it. Don't.

That is a lesson I learnt in the time since I posted that people are very diverse within the same types let alone those who are mistyped or put another type on their profile plus I have learnt that at the end of the end typology isn't a all catch thing and that people are people and that I now use common sense to adjust my interaction style with other members here.

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It changes the way I communicate with them, to a degree, but not in how I treat them, that's universal. But I'd say it's more individual-based, rather than type. I'll feel someone out initially, then proceed after I've gained enough incite into how they think/react to things.

I couldn't have said it better.

blob

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
i HaVe No ReSpEcT fOr YoU iF yOu TyPe LiKe ThIs
Nooo!!!!!!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. I tend to not even notice type until i notice something in their posts that makes me double check if thats consistent with the type they have listed and the data base of patterns ive collected over the years. From there i may adjust my communication style based on that information, especislly if it is a delicate or controversial topic, complex issue or a highly personal and sensitive interaction.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How they communicate is much more determinant than how they ID. I'm almost willing to say that profile picture and username hold more weight when I'm talking to someone.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How they communicate is much more determinant than how they ID. I'm almost willing to say that profile picture and username hold more weight when I'm talking to someone.

In that case, how do you judge a picture of The Penguin from Batman: The Animated Series? :thinking:

I would like to know where I stand with you.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
In that case, how do you judge a picture of The Penguin from Batman: The Animated Series? :thinking:

I would like to know where I stand with you.

Let's me know not to take you too seriously

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Let's me know not to take you too seriously

yeah, Jaguar and DiscoBiscuit are the ones to take very seriously, except when Jaguar is in one of his troll moods :alttongue:

I'm not a troll but I'm not completely serious either, I think 75% serious would be a good estimate of myself :D

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Why would I approach anyone differently because of their type, even if that's all I knew about them? Plenty of people here don't even know their own type so it's better to just treat everyone the same until they do something to compel me to change my approach.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I usually don't look at their type unless they piss me off. so i guess not :shrug:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if a person's actual typing affects how I treat them, but how they identify can often matter. For instance, if a new member shows up typing as xNTJ 8, I give them wide berth while they most likely get Id'ed as some sort of e3. And If there's an absolutely ZANY ENFP introductory post, I may poke and prod at them for a while just to see what's under there.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Nope

- - - Updated - - -

Yup

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
Online, I don't treat anyone differently based on type. In person, I might communicate differently if I know someone's type, based on the person. I find myself communicating differently with ESTJs in particular, only because I have the tendency to be vague and ignore segues, which generally bugs an ESTJ. But I don't treat anybody differently based on type, really--I just might employ different conversational delivery if I know someone's type.