User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 83

  1. #51
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,667

    Default

    Since I am T 90% J 90% with very strong Te I have invited myself into this thread.

    What exactly do you want to know?

    (I will not run away)

  2. #52
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post





    On the contrary, you have to trust someone to allow them to possess you. And trust breeds love.
    Or fear them. . .
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

  3. #53
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Since I am T 90% J 90% with very strong Te I have invited myself into this thread.

    What exactly do you want to know?

    (I will not run away)
    Read the thread. The behavior I mean is summarised here:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post331008

    Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    On the contrary, you have to trust someone to allow them to possess you. And trust breeds love.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  4. #54
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    On the contrary, you have to trust someone to allow them to possess you. And trust breeds love.
    No, that is not "possession" as I refer to it.
    You cannot "own" another person.
    Existentially, the truth is we're all completely separate and solely responsible for our own choices.
    (although sometimes we lie to ourselves so as to avoid responsibility for our decisions and/or to avoid the loneliness of being inherently separate)

    Even with what you describe, you are still in charge of yourself because you CHOOSE to place yourself in the care of another. That can still be part of "love" -- both in that you trust someone that much AND in that they are willing to care for you.

    The sort of possession I describe is when someone dominates someone else who is either naive or unwilling.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #55
    seor member colmena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Ok.
    This kind, which I've seen in people before and after the girl described:
    I'd more likely be on the receiving end of that.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

    -How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

  6. #56
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    It helps to see the good in people.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    No, that is not "possession" as I refer to it.
    You cannot "own" another person.
    Existentially, the truth is we're all completely separate and solely responsible for our own choices.
    (although sometimes we lie to ourselves so as to avoid responsibility for our decisions and/or to avoid the loneliness of being inherently separate)

    Even with what you describe, you are still in charge of yourself because you CHOOSE to place yourself in the care of another. That can still be part of "love" -- both in that you trust someone that much AND in that they are willing to care for you.

    The sort of possession I describe is when someone dominates someone else who is either naive or unwilling.
    Meh. Sounds boring.

  7. #57
    Junior Member Enjamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I don't sit well with people telling me what to do, tends to annoy me and I tend to ignore them....and then manipulate them to do what I want.
    Musical, Linguistic, ENTP, Originator, Intellectual

  8. #58
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Read the thread. The behavior I mean is summarised here:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post331008
    I was thinking that you are actualy intersted in some deeper details.

    I will talk from my own experiance.

    This is in short.

    It is not lack of self controle at all it is exactly the contrariwise.
    You are totally in control over yourself. What means that it is very likely to be ambitious or want to achieve some goal(s).

    People usualy are not so (let say TJ) so you will have to push them to achieve the goal.(what is usually in their interest too)

    Since I am also strong in N I can see things before they happen.
    In that case I need to push things in the direction that looks like the right way.

    In some cases people are irresponsible so you will again have to create pressure.

    Many times I have seen how Ps organize things and many times they can't stay out of the harms way. Or do the right thing so your intervention is needed.
    I know how all of this sounds so egoistic but that is how I see it.

  9. #59
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    It is very egotistical. Being able to foresee and plan, why don't you have contingencies for if they fuck up- control your options? Absent reason (e.g. prior acts) that they will fuck up, why meddle?
    In short, where do you get off?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  10. #60
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    IF3157, do controlling people try to control you personally?

Similar Threads

  1. People obsessing about power and control
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2015, 04:56 AM
  2. do you ever want to control people's reaction?
    By prplchknz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-09-2013, 10:45 PM
  3. [MBTItm] im not sure what is it about people who want power, like control that just makes me
    By jcloudz in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 10:23 PM
  4. Controling people with my mind
    By lorkan in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 01:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO