User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Yeah, I get extremely ornery in the circumstances and will, to borrow from another thread title pull a "cut the nose off to spite the face" or otherwise malinger as a grand fuck-off.
    Take the above example, I'd make sure to be a few minutes late or just change my mind if sufficiently annoyed.
    LOL. I was doing my dad a huge favor, renting a truck & driving all over two states with him. Told him I'd rather go solo, but if he came I was in charge (because we disagree on how to do everything).

On the way back he started whining about "why can't we do it this way," we got in a nice verbal tussel, and I said "If you say one more f***in' thing about it, I'm driving all the way back right now." It was like 1am, with four hours to go. He had to say something else, and it wasn't a nice thing, so I drove all night.

The story isn't to illustrate how innocent and righteous I am, of course. Just that I don't like uninvited control.

MBTI
    intp

If only some controlling people would share their thought processes in this thread.

Come out come out wherever you are! I promise not to berate you. Just trying to understand so I don't get the urge to decapitate the next one of you to pull your stunts.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

If I sense that someone is trying to order me around or control me, it seems like I automatically will not do, or will do whatever half-ass, even if what they want me to do is what I really want to do too.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    If I sense that someone is trying to order me around or control me, it seems like I automatically will not do, or will do whatever half-ass, even if what they want me to do is what I really want to do too.
    Some people call that Passive Aggression. I call it an awesome way to go about dealing with assholes.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I can understand wanting strict control of yourself, but please explain to me people who have an interventionist, controlling approach to other people. What goes on in your mind? Is it lack of self-control?
    I think that the desire to control other's behavior towards us is deep-seated in every human being.

At some level, we're always vying for approval, jockeying for position, looking for affirmation/validation, trying to get get control to implement our vision/plans for ourselves, etc.

Some people operate from these underlying motivations to interfere in other people's lives, without even realizing they're doing it.

Other people's convictions about what they want or what they think is "right" leads them to consciously think it's okay to impose directly upon others to implement their plans.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

I have no clue, but I do not like them. My room mates mom was here, when were moving into the apartment. And I was doing laundry and then she criticized the way I did laundry, and I was like thank you, but I've been doing this since I was about 12 it's worked for me all this time. Please if I ask for help thats one thing, but I know how to do laundry on my own.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Other people's convictions about what they want or what they think is "right" leads them to consciously think it's okay to impose directly upon others to implement their plans.
    These are the people I don't understand . . . the imposition! Is it ok to them because they would not mind being on the receiving end of it, or are they just above recognizing the sanctity of others' space (mental and physical)?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP

Is it ok to them because they would not mind being on the receiving end of it
    I don't know, I made an attempt to act bossy to a very bossy person I know before, and they just called me bossy.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

These are the people I don't understand . . . the imposition! Is it ok to them because they would not mind being on the receiving end of it, or are they just above recognizing the sanctity of others' space (mental and physical)?
    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I don't know, I made an attempt to act bossy to a very bossy person I know before, and they just called me bossy.
    People are oblivious in general.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    People are oblivious in general.
    Or choose to not care or address the issues they have.