• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you could only keep five possessions, what would they be?

*RisaRay*

We are so attached to our possessions, but truthfully there are only a few that matter deeply to us...mention only 5 things..which you can never imagine to live without...please eliminate 'money' in the answer... :) It's understood...
The aim is to know things which hold a high emotional value for you....

...keep it simple.

aldana

MBTI Type
Entp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you mean like living ONLY with those five things? or besides the basic needs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. My stuffed bunny I sleep with every night
2. My computer (so I can play,video games, use Internet and chat with friends)
3. My phone (so I can play Love Live)

After that I don't care as much. Maybe my 3ds or my wii u or my furbys. Or other stuffed animals.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wait. Can postcards count as items?

There is one postcard in particular I want to keep.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
1. My iPad. Seriously... I have an obsession with this thing.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My house as-is...:D...unless i can never chage it later.

My car...unless it means i cant sell it later and buy a new one, then i will give up my car

Home depot...cant live without that

Harbor freight

My dads tools that i dont have yet

I kept it simple, that was pretty simple for me. I am not sentimental at all...my real answer would just be people which arent items.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I would keep the internet
my vr headset
my phone
Food
water

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Iphone
Mac
Instapot to cook with
Bed
Clothes...clothes would be good here

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Um, well I need clothes, so I guess that's all 5 of my possessions. I can't even fully clothe myself with merely 5 pieces.

Btw, I am a huge supporter of minimalism. It doesn't mean sacrificing things, it means making room for the things that bring value and meaning to your life. You can be a minimalist and still have beautiful art in your home, clothes that express you, electronics, whatever... it's just about being mindful of abundance and waste.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My laptop (with the charger, of course)
Cell phone (with its charger too)
Clothes
My planner with pens and pencils

...It appears I went over the limit. Oh well.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Do pets count as possessions? I'm gonna count them.

1. My cat, Fiona. Can't live without her.
2. A leather jacket.
3. A pair of leather booties.
4. My phone, so I can talk to friends.
5. A car, so I can travel more easily.

......should I have counted food? Eh, I'll get take out.

aldana

MBTI Type
Entp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In addition to the basic needs [emoji12] [emoji106]

...keep it simple.

i'm counting clothes as basic needs so:
a big encyclopedia, or a written version of wikipedia
a cd or mp3 with different genres of music
one of those copilations of the best novels of the 20th century
anti depressants (it wouldn't be easy living with only five possessions)
a laptop with internet

interesting thread ;) [MENTION=31636]*RisaRay*[/MENTION] what would you keep?

Enneagram
9w1
My Kidney, Liver, Stomach, Nose, and Feet. That way I'd be dead

huehuehuehue didn't expect that one did you?

Litsnob

I'm assuming basic needs are covered, so that these five things are in excess of clothing, food/cooking utensils, a home and medical supplies.
I am also not considering living beings a 'thing' so won't put family or my cat here.

1. Laptop-which can hopefully stand in for all of the books I would normally keep
2. internet
3. binder of important documents
4. handbag with contents
5. reading glasses

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Cell phone
Indestructible headphones
My cats (2)
My debit card- with tons of money on it for food

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
The aim is to know things which hold a high emotional value for you....

So you didn't have a purpose in mind? Meh.
I don't think I have anything that holds emotional value for me. I judge possessions based on utility.

My cats (2)

Cats are not possessions. You are.

I’ll just assume you mean one of a kind possessions and not the mundane everyday things needed to survive in modern society.

1. My dad’s police badge. He was probably one of the best damn human beings that ever wore one. When people were downright hostile to other officers they’d speak with my father. He was a guy that made friends wherever he went. He’d always stress that the man makes the badge and not the other way around.

2. A cup my second girlfriend made. She was the first girl I ever loved and a wonderful human being and a talented artist. She’ll always have a place in my heart until it beats its last.

3. A picture (not digital) of my first dog. She escaped our yard when I was 3 and was hit by a truck when she tried to follow some kids as they walked to school. Some of my first memories are of her.

4. A picture (not digital) of my girlfriend. She’s one of the best people I’ve ever met. I also wonder now if we haven’t met before.

5. My iPhone. Not for the practicality of it but because it contains photos and a large library of my music.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I’ll just assume you mean one of a kind possessions and not the mundane everyday things needed to survive in modern society.

1. My dad’s police badge. He was probably one of the best damn human beings that ever wore one. When people were downright hostile to other officers they’d speak with my father. He was a guy that made friends wherever he went. He’d always stress that the man makes the badge and not the other way around.

2. A cup my second girlfriend made. She was the first girl I ever loved and a wonderful human being and a talented artist. She’ll always have a place in my heart until it beats its last.

3. A picture (not digital) of my first dog. She escaped our yard when I was 3 and was hit by a truck when she tried to follow some kids as they walked to school. Some of my first memories are of her.

4. A picture (not digital) of my girlfriend. She’s one of the best people I’ve ever met. I also wonder now if we haven’t met before.

5. My iPhone. Not for the practicality of it but because it contains photos and a large library of my music.

This was really interesting.

I do have unique souvenirs given to me by my late parents, but if one of my sisters asked me to give something to them I would. I'd say "Our parents live on inside, not through these."

I also have some gifts from cherished people including the first woman I loved, but I treat them as they are instead of attributing a certain value.

In my mind "This was given to me by X" doesn't change anything.

As much as I can still understand or rationalize why others would put a certain value into certain items, I cannot relate. Probably because I do not attribute any emotional value at all to material things in general.

Permabanned
just this

5 copies