User Tag List

123 Last

Default Man Wakes From Nightmare Relieved It Only Expression Of His Real-Life Problems

Man Wakes From Nightmare Relieved It Only Expression Of His Real-Life Problems - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

NEW ORLEANS—Jolting awake in a panicked daze, local man Bill Rolinger reportedly breathed a sigh of relief early Monday morning after realizing that the nightmare he had just experienced was only a reflection of his real-life problems. “Whew! Thank God that was just a manifestation of the actual deep-seated issues that I refuse to address and that have now seeped deep into my subconscious,” said Rolinger, assuring himself that what had just transpired was nothing more than a slightly more vivid reiteration of the problems that plague him day in and day out. “I was really frightened there before I realized that everything happening was simply my sleeping mind showing itself powerless to unchain itself from my daytime fears and then translating those exact anxieties into the language of dreams. It was intense for sure, but it felt good to wake up and register the fact that it was nothing more than a passing interpretation of everything that’s chronically wrong with my life.” Rolinger reportedly then proceeded to go back to sleep, comforted in the knowledge that even if he had another nightmare, it would just be a version of the troubles that would hamper him at work tomorrow and likely for the rest of his life.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Is that what happens?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

I dont understand.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It reminds me of when I went to counseling because I was depressed. It turned out that my life just sucked really bad and all I had to do was fix it. What a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    It reminds me of when I went to counseling because I was depressed. It turned out that my life just sucked really bad and all I had to do was fix it. What a relief.
    Almost every time I thought I was going mad it turned out that someone was trying to drive me crazy.
    Likes Xann, Qlip, Ghost, Mechnick liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx

So if he didn't have dreams, he wouldn't have any problems.

Flawless.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Cloudpatrol, Kierva, SpankyMcFly liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Is that what happens?
    Yes. It happened to me yesterday morning.

But, I'm relieved now when I know it will probably happen tomorrow morning, after it also happened this early morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechnick View Post
    Yes. It happened to me yesterday morning. But, I'm relieved now when I know it will happens again, tomorow mornin,.after this happened to me early morning today.

Have you seen the movie "A Dangerous Method"? I recently did and am still thinking on it often.

In it, Sigmund Freud's approach is to 'help people realize who/what they are'.

Carl Jung wants to expand that by 'helping people see who they are and also what they might become'.

Freud says this is folly because it would only be replacing one delusion with another. That only by accepting that all is delusion will health be possible...

It was interesting to see the differences in approach - from some who influenced - what still belongs to psychological analysis today.
    Likes Mechnick liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    Have you seen the movie "A Dangerous Method"? I recently did and am still thinking on it often.

In it, Sigmund Freud's approach is to 'help people realize who/what they are'.

Carl Jung wants to expand that by 'helping people see who they are and also what they might become'.

Freud says this is folly because it would only be replacing one delusion with another. That only by accepting that all is delusion will health be possible...

It was interesting to see the differences in approach - from some who influenced - what still belongs to psychological analysis today.
    Yes, I watched the movie. Great movie. Michael Fassbender (Jung), Viggo Mortensen (Freud). You must accept themselves first (Freud), in order to become what you actually might be. There is no progress without adress-ing the issues.
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP

The onion used to be much funnier when it was still based out of New York instead of Chicago. For the last few years it's seemed only half as intelligent as it used to be, taking on a new decidedly leftist and cynical slant in most editorials.

The basic irony in this story is OK enough, but it's kind of hindered by the fact that dreams are often expressions of irrational fears and anxieties that the mind needs to purge or "vent" to retain sanity. Nightmares are much less a reflection of actual reality and more a reflection of an unhealthy paranoia that uses dreams to alleviate itself.

So really, it's not that funny. Unless the guy wakes from a dream where all his teeth are falling out only find all his teeth actually falling out.