• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wanting to be nice/friendly but also...

What do you do when you want to be nice/friendly, but you also want to do something you see as truly beautiful? Something that inspires you. What if this can also feel like this is something that activates a sense of moral duty in you? That makes you feel in love and connected, but it is also purely logical.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is there a reason you can't do both...?

Rouskyrie

What do you do when you want to be nice/friendly, but you also want to do something you see as truly beautiful? Something that inspires you. What if this can also feel like this is something that activates a sense of moral duty in you? That makes you feel in love and connected, but it is also purely logical.

May I ask what makes you feel the two can't both be done?

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you do when you want to be nice/friendly, but you also want to do something you see as truly beautiful?

why are these two things divorced from one another in your mind?

Something that inspires you. What if this can also feel like this is something that activates a sense of moral duty in you?

moral duty is often a source of inspiration...

That makes you feel in love and connected, but it is also purely logical.

i don't understand what you mean... it is easiest to approach love from logic for me... what are you trying to say/ask?

Mole

Permabanned

It is nice to be friendly, and it is even more important to make a friend than win an argument, but to create, we need to be in touch with our authentic self.

And our authentic self won't be accepted by everyone, and some will viscerally oppose our authentic self. So it is important to practise resilience. We need to take risks with our authentic self, but only risks we can recover from.

And we learn from risk taking.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm going to ask the same thing everyone else is because I truly don't get it: why can't you do both? If anything I would expect kindness and inspiration to go together quite well in action...

Or if your sense of moral duty and inspiration requires you to self-isolate, or you're going on a kind of moral crusade that involves calling people out and "educating" them, removing yourself from them due to conflict of values or something similar that might make you unpopular. If that's the case, there's probably a social way around that.

Mole

Permabanned
I'm going to ask the same thing everyone else is because I truly don't get it: why can't you do both? If anything I would expect kindness and inspiration to go together quite well in action...

Or if your sense of moral duty and inspiration requires you to self-isolate, or you're going on a kind of moral crusade that involves calling people out and "educating" them, removing yourself from them due to conflict of values or something similar that might make you unpopular. If that's the case, there's probably a social way around that.

It's only natural we want to have our cake and eat it too.

And it is only natural that those who hate their own creativity, hate the creativity of others.

And those who hate creativity seek to justify it by telling us we can be conformist and creative. But this is impossible, and has the effect of destroying creativity.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
THe answer in both math and people is in elegance. That balancing point between order and chaos, randomness and structure, hyperbolic and euclidean.

i still don't understand the initial conflict, but i am pleased that you have found a satisfactory conclusion to your inquiry...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So you mean whether you should drop the bomb or not? I know the problem :)

Litsnob

Since you figured it out for yourself my question is irrelevant to you but if I'd been here earlier I would have asked to clarify your definition of creativity.