User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Yeah, except for the fact that there is no "impression."

When this happens to me, nine times out of ten, I can recall the dream and the events that took place prior to and after the déjà vu scenario - maybe this has to do with my ability to recall my dreams. So as I suspected, maybe this is an Ni thing in that maybe different types experience different types of déjà vu and for different reasons.
    Well, there are lots of different sorts of déjà vu. The traditional one is brain-misfiring. There's the sort when I remember things from dreams, too, but I don't think this is actual déjà vu, even though it seems like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    My question is, how do you make those accent marks over the letters on a keyboard?
    It's easy when you have a mac.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Well, there are lots of different sorts of déjà vu. The traditional one is brain-misfiring. There's the sort when I remember things from dreams, too, but I don't think this is actual déjà vu, even though it seems like it.
    Hmm. . . that's what I'm trying to discuss.

In other words, I have a dream about a future event taking place, but that event is forgotten when I wake. Then, usually during the same day, that event takes place, I feel an odd sensation of being in the same event prior (déjà vu), then I recall the dream where it took place before.

But yeah, I imagine there are different sorts. But now I understand how it occurs, which has bothered me for a very long time.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It's easy when you have a mac.
    I do. Now what?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I get deja vu for a few "events" repeatedly (i.e. when it happens, it's happened with the same "moment" before, if that makes any sense... there are only a handful of "moments" that I "re-live" in deja vu-ness.)

Is it just not properly myelinated brain links? The electrical message jumps ship and follows a different path?

I also repeatedly have a collection of words that I find on the tip of my tongue but often just can't find in my brain.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

ThatGirl

déjà vu is the connection of pre consious thought that exists in non traceable fragments of our minds. Or it is psychic phenomena. Or possibly remenants of a past life.

ThatGirl

déjà vu is the connection of pre consious thought that exists in non traceable fragments of our minds. Or it is psychic phenomena. Or possibly remenants of a past life.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I feel like you've already posted this thought...
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I feel like you've already posted this thought...
    C.S. Lewis

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    In other words, I have a dream about a future event taking place, but that event is forgotten when I wake. Then, usually during the same day, that event takes place, I feel an odd sensation of being in the same event prior (déjà vu), then I recall the dream where it took place before.
    I assume you saw my "untrustworthy memory" post, but just in case...

Because we are in the present, post-dream and post-deja-vu, and you're recalling both: the dream you remember probably never happened. It was a construction in your mind to "make sense" (read: confuse you) of the double-memory. The only alternatives are that a: You're having hallucinations based on your dreams, or b: You are clairvoyant, and must be kidnapped by the government.

MBTI
    INTj

I see what you are saying, honestly. However, in my case, I don't believe it.

I know the dreams took place because the series of events before and after - within the dream - become very clear to me. Again, through a lot of practice and a really good memory, I'm able to remember a large portion of my dreams if I take the time to review them - I used to wake up every morning, sit up in bed, search my minds eye, and write down my dreams many years ago.

With that said, I still believe that this is simply Ni making connections during the dream that, on occasion, come true, in detail, during the following day or two. Additionally, I think this same thing is what makes some people think they are psychic.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight