• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ExFP with high N and S, possible?

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Does having a high N necessarily mean you can't have a high S?

The first time I took an online personality test (a few years ago at least), I came up ENFP. I don't remember the percentages, but the N score was rather high. The second time I took one, I got ESFP with a rather high S. I took a few other variations of the jungian myers-brigg mbti personality type tests and got similar results depending on the test.
I took the cognitive functions test, and it says I'm ESFP. Se at 39.9, Ne at 38.9

My brother bought the book Please Understand Me II, a great read for anyone interested in personality types, and the ENFP profile fit me to a tee, until I read ESFP and some parts of it seemed to ring more true.

If I had to say which personality type reflected me most, I'd say ENFP for sure, but I have my doubts sometimes.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Difficulty between ENFP and ESFP is quite common because both are rather exuberant types. There are a couple ways to think about it.

First is motivation. ESFPs tend to be most concerned with the people they know--in the work environment they're the ones who want to make sure the group has some fun together or a birthday is remembered. If a friend's in crisis they want to do something tangible. ENPs don't desert their friends, but rather than these personal things they're looking at more global issues and often can get a group excited about doing something about it.

ESFPs often also need practical/hands-on learning to thrive in school. Scott Blanchard (his dad Ken wrote one-minute manager and a ton o fother stuff) spoke one time about how he hated college but then got into an internship-based MBA program where all assignments were related to the workplace experience and loved it all. They usually ask a LOT of questions, too, in grades 1-3 if teacher directions aren't clear enough.

ENFPs may struggle to sit still in school and can't stand rote learning, but if classes start involving ideas and knowledge that brings understanding of humans, they usually start enjoying it.

Then...think about what trips you up. Are you more likely to forget the details (heard a story recently from an Ne who admitted to being so last minute packing for a trip that she never looked closely at her plane ticket...until she was on the tram to Heathrow but her plane was leaving from Gattwick) or by not linking ideas and motivation around a vision for the future...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENFPs may struggle to sit still in school and can't stand rote learning, but if classes start involving ideas and knowledge that brings understanding of humans, they usually start enjoying it.

Then...think about what trips you up. Are you more likely to forget the details (heard a story recently from an Ne who admitted to being so last minute packing for a trip that she never looked closely at her plane ticket...until she was on the tram to Heathrow but her plane was leaving from Gattwick) or by not linking ideas and motivation around a vision for the future...
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

You speak/type truth!

:smile:

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Tests suck because the environment (setting, your mood, whoever your with, even how much sleep you got) makes a very large difference when you are taking the test. Also, you will find some things in the ESFP profile that might jump out because of functional similarities. The differences between ENFPs and ESFPs are quite obvious though.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
My personal view at the moment:

ESFPs enjoy high-energy social activity for the moment, the feeling they get. ENFPs more enjoy the same for what it represents to them idealogically, such as possibly "the glory of what it is to be human."

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
alright cool. thanks for all the input. I guess the ENFPish constant search for who I really am got me finding conflict within my own personality type. ENFP it is.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I think EN's and EX's might seem to have sensor qualities because of their extroversion.