User Tag List

12311 Last

Default Psychopathology and Drugs

Only a few hundred years ago society was based on religion, so psychopathology was seen through a religious lens. So those suffering from a psychopathology were said to be touched, touched by God. So they were protected by the Church and given an aura of sanctity.

But come the Enlightenment and the psychopathological were seen as irrational and anti-social, so they lost their aura of sanctity and were put in prison.

Then the medical profession took an interest in the psychopathological in prison, and said they weren't bad but were sick with a disease, and we the doctors can cure disease. So we put the psychopathological in mental asylums under the care of doctors.

But come the liberation of the 60s we liberated the psychopathological from the mental asylums, and instead we heavily medicated their symptoms. This was called the deinstitutionalisation of the asylums, and that is why there are so many mentally ill on the streets, medicating their symptoms.

Unfortunately the criminal drug culture could see the psychopathological could be sold illegal drugs to medicate their symptoms.

The upshot of all this is that we now live in the therapeutic society where psychopathology is seen as normal, and the buying and selling of illegal drugs is seen as a sign of glamorous rebellion.

Nonetheless, psychopathology is the result of a damaged and damaging psyche, and illegal drugs are part of the criminal sub-culture.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Another petty special thread I see. What else is new.

I am sorry you don't approve of mine and others drug use, but quite frankly I don't give a damn. I am going to do whatever I damn well please. In fact, I plan on doing 2C-B in a few weeks again. In fact, maybe I'll do a double dose just for you. You are extremely uninformed and bias on the subject so you are in 0 position to judge any of us.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes meowington liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Another petty special thread I see. What else is new.

I am sorry you don't approve of mine and others drug use, but quite frankly I don't give a damn. I am going to do whatever I damn well please. In fact, I plan on doing 2C-B in a few weeks again. In fact, maybe I'll do a double dose just for you. You are extremely uninformed and bias on the subject so you are in 0 position to judge any of us.
    If you suffer from a psychopathology, you have my sympathy, and I can understand you want to ease your suffering.

Unfortunately by paying the criminal sub-culture to ease your suffering, you do considerable damage, not only to yourself, but to all of us.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    If you suffer from a psychopathology, you have my sympathy, and I can understand you want to ease your suffering.

Unfortunately by paying the criminal sub-culture to ease your suffering, you do considerable damage, not only to yourself, but to all of us.
    You think I am suffering? You think I do drugs to ease suffering? . I do them because it's fun and I like to experience altered states. They're called recreational for a reason. There's nothing wrong with that either.

Yeah, cause the war on drugs and criminalization hasn't done a fuckton if damage

Default Drugs and a High Untaxed Cash Flow

You think I am suffering? You think I do drugs to ease suffering? . I do them because it's fun and I like to experience altered states. They're called recreational for a reason. There's nothing wrong with that either.

Yeah, cause the war on drugs and criminalization hasn't done a fuckton if damage
    Frankly, this seems to me like a classic rationalisation, where we rationalise something harmful into fun.

And worse, the propaganda for the criminal use of drugs tells us they enhance our psyches, they help us grow as persons, they give us insights we would not otherwise have, and they make us more compassionate people.

Of course if you believe this propaganda, you will believe anything. This propaganda is aimed at the gullible and at the psychologically vulnerable.

And behind the propaganda for criminal drugs is a high untaxed cash flow.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Frankly, this seems to me like a classic rationalisation, where we rationalise something harmful into fun.

And worse, the propaganda for the criminal use of drugs tells us they enhance our psyches, they help us grow as persons, they give us insights we would not otherwise have, and they make us more compassionate people.

Of course if you believe this propaganda, you will believe anything. This propaganda is aimed at the gullible and at the psychologically vulnerable.

And behind the propaganda for criminal drugs is a high untaxed cash flow.
    Please illustrate to me how drugs are harmful when done responsibly? Oh, that's right, you can't. Seems like you're the one doing the rationalization by being willfully ignorant.

Oh I freely and readily spread propaganda about drug use. Why? Harm reduction. Scientific interest. Breaking false fear mongering and stereotypes. Just because something is illegal doesn't mean it's wrong. You of all people should surely know not to blindly follow the rule of law. For someone who actively rails on authoritarianism, you sure do support a lot of authoritarian positions.

It's sad you're so resistant to this. Open your mind, you might learn something.

Likes Floki liked this post

Please illustrate to me how drugs are harmful when done responsibly?
    You might feel better. That's not good.
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Interesting..

Based on your physiology they have different effects. Some can seen harmful recreationally but aren't. Some are, like alot of prescription drugs can be, as they feed you to get well. But some are still very much necessary and have healing effects for very real conditions, and if there is a new way to handle it I don't know about. Do tell.
    It's all shades though. It isn't black and white. That something is all bad or all good.
    Psychopaths are in this? Well. Sure it's there however not everything can or needs to be somehow medicated away. In psychopathy you can't connect with anyone in the way anyone else can, so they live as they can without that aspect. Brain wiring. This doesn't make them all likely to be violent monsters, but painting not like some witch hunt finger pointing thing is always nice. Trying to understand more than judge. I'd imagine it's a lonely world if everyone hates what you are and/or doesn't try to understand it. Whatever the condition, really.
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

Drugs and alcohol mask anxiety and depression, and mental illness.

So those suffering from anxiety, depression, or mental illness instinctively know they are damaged and damaging and they seek to hide it from others, and even from themselves.

And being so damaged they seek to recruit others, particularly young teenagers on Typology Central, in order to normalise damage.

And behind it all is a huge international business, with its own vast untaxed cash flow, and relentless propaganda.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Drugs and alcohol mask anxiety and depression, and mental illness.

So those suffering from anxiety, depression, or mental illness instinctively know they are damaged and damaging and they seek to hide it from others, and even from themselves.

And being so damaged they seek to recruit others, particularly young teenagers on Typology Central, in order to normalise damage.

And behind it all is a huge international business, with its own vast untaxed cash flow, and relentless propaganda.
    Yes. Come to me. Join me, my children.