User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    infp

How does sibling order correlate to MBTI?

I think in my own family me and my brother are more argumentative and everything than our older sister. My brother is a freak of nature when it comes to intellectual independance -he literally knows everything. He just explores it I guess. He's the middle child.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    How does sibling order correlate to MBTI?

I think in my own family me and my brother are more argumentative and everything than our older sister. My brother is a freak of nature when it comes to intellectual independance -he literally knows everything. He just explores it I guess. He's the middle child.
    I phrased it badly; I meant to say that the only differences would be attributed to individual personality rather than order of siblings (i.e. the youngest two are xSFJs and us two eldest are generally more independent-thinking MBTI types).
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I phrased it badly; I meant to say that the only differences would be attributed to individual personality rather than order of siblings (i.e. the youngest two are xSFJs and us two eldest are generally more independent-thinking MBTI types).
    I agree & further that being younger would make it more difficult for thinking types given that elder/st sibs get first/earlier dibs by default and maybe across the board too.

Amongst family members though, which type do you think has a tougher time relating to the other?
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

i'm a first born, i am very intellectually independent. my sister's fantastically nuts now, but she wasn't always like that. i do believe it had a lot with wanting to be like me. she's still not intellectually dependent though. she doesn't like to think about the bigger issues.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm the eldest with one younger brother; I'm more prone to debate with my parents but also probably more concerned with what they think than he is. He doesn't care to argue about very many things but he also does his own thing without worrying much about parental reactions. I think older children feel more pressure to perform; they may chafe under it by being somewhat argumentative but that doesn't mean they don't still feel the pressure to please and achieve.
    ENTP, professional MBTI coach, and author of a new series of personality type e-books available on Amazon.com.

MBTI
    ISTJ

As the oldest of four, I can totally relate to the "practice kid" concept. I am completely independent, intellectually and otherwise. I left home three weeks after I graduated high school and never looked back. There wasn't anything wrong, it was simply on my list of things to do.

I wouldn't say that my actions now are a result of how my parents raised me as the eldest, but watching them struggle to take care of us instilled the desire for me to get out of their way and take care of myself. I wonder if any of the other "oldests" had those same thoughts - to "get out of the way"...

As for debating, it never served a purpose.
    ...doesn't work or play well with others...

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    Older siblings don't have the cute factor so they have to try to convince parents on their level. I know I was the only one who could compel my dad to do anything. He would sometimes remark to my mom later "I don't know how she got me to let her do such-and-such, I was going to say no."
    My younger siblings always come to me when they want me to convince my mum to let them do something/go somewhere.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I am second born, and I am much more independant. I was capable and quite of often making my own food at leasy once a week.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    In my family it is my brother, the youngest out of three, who is intellectualy independent. He also has the most eccentric personality. I think this had to do with him being allowed to just be because he was was the only boy.
    I'm the youngest as well. And the only female.

And the black sheep. Where my two brothers were, like it or not, in competition for their roles as most athletic, smartest, etc. - I was allowed to set my own course.

As a result, I envision my mother turning over in her grave. But then she did that a lot (figuratively speaking) before she actually died.

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

I am a firstborn, and the opposite was true in my house. Debate usually makes me want to flee, my little sister (ENFP) loves it, and even flourishes with it. As children, I was far more likely to do what I was told without questioning it, she would pick apart every request until the task was done or no longer mattered. EVERYTHING is a debate for her.
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...