User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP

lmao 'Why don't you want to be happy?'
    seems so irrelevant to the conversation about ice cream when I read it.
    Are you sure it wasn't her suddenly randomly addressing some deeper issue she thinks you personally have? lol

Anyway, what I can say is, food makes me feel good! Especially when I'm hungry!
    Perhaps its just a biological/evolutionary thing. We need food to survive. Survival = alive = not dead = good = happy. ? Good foods give you energy too. Energy makes you feel more alive = perhaps more happy.

I find I tend to eat more when I'm in a good mood too. If I'm angry I'll not eat for several hours.

I am SOOO hungry right now talking about food. Food would make me happy right now, because that hungry feeling in my stomach really sucks.

My taste buds would tingle with happiness as well. Not just me. You have to think about your taste buds.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

When most people eat, they enjoy the flavor and enjoy the full feeling they get, and that makes them feel better. Eating/feeding also serves as a distraction from what's going on. Lots of animals eat when they're under stress; it's called displacement activity.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

food can be as addicting as any drug. I can't explain why food makes me happy, but eating solves all my problems, well except for the overweight problem.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

you have to feel good about eating, otherwise we wouldn't have the motivation to eat.

when you take a piss, it feels good. same concept.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Antisocial One:

You appear to be a remarkably curious guy. How is it that you managed to live long enough to.. well how old are you?
    It seems so odd to me because a great many of the questions you ask are very basic... A lot of these things kind of just explain themselves if you pay even scant attention to anything.
    I mean is this voracious learning a newfound personality manifestation?

Its fucking weird... I almost don't believe you're a genuine character -- every conception I have as to why you would be how you are seems to contradict itself.
    I totally understand your postition and I know that I look like a person that simply can't exist in the real world.

I can only say that when I reach 500 posts things will probably start to make more sense to you. What will be in next few days.

My age is 23.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    She "Do you want ice cream"

Me: "No I don't"

She(confused):"Why don't you want to be happy?"

Me:About what you are talking about?
    I would be confused too... This is really weird. I never was into this kind of eating that is supposed to counter depression or sadness. I would ask your question a bit differently. The food is for pleasure, not happiness. Is it that people misidentify pleasure with happiness? What is happiness anyway, is it a form of pleasure, maybe all pleasures combined, or just an "attitude" on the pleasures? When you say that ice cream cone can make you happy, to me it seems like a huge overstatement and we come very close to the behavior of sex addicts and the like. They misidentify their happiness to consist with only one major pleasure, and undervalue the others.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I think it has to do with the way food was used in our childhood.
    I have a friend who broke her leg when she was young.
    Her father took her out for ice cream every day to make her feel better.
    She says that behavior set a bad precedent in her life because she later used food to comfort herself and had trouble with her weight.
    This is a good point. For me, I never remember being awarded or comforted with food. For us it was more like "eat everything on your plate, food is not to be thrown away". And I never have had any obsession into eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    You appear to be a remarkably curious guy. How is it that you managed to live long enough to.. well how old are you?
    It seems so odd to me because a great many of the questions you ask are very basic... A lot of these things kind of just explain themselves if you pay even scant attention to anything.
    I like this kind of questions.

I am digging up this one since someone maybe has something to say.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Necromancer!

Some food like chocolate contains theobromine are mood elevators. As been said before, stomach extension causes release of hormones that makes you feel satisfied.

Satisfied = happy? :mello:

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

yes, chocolate is evil that way..and yet so goooood.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

why hasn't anyone brought up the connection between food and social functions?

Often, when people go out with thier friends they get something to eat (or drink and then eat...) and at different family and holiday functions there's always food. Most happy occasions in human life are marked by food!

Like my association between standardized tests and food, most people just associate a warm feeling of happiness and friendship with food.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett