• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

1 in 5 CEOs are psychopaths, study finds

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Did the author "observe" behavior directly, obtain data through testing, or actually sit down with all the individuals? I couldn't find that.

Jasz

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can see how the most power-focused systems select for high functioning psychopaths. From what I understand, a lot of the research done on anti-social personality disorders are focused on prison populations. I think it distorts and/or dismisses certain categories of these disorders because those are all the people who got caught. That implies that it is a population that has less impulse control than the higher-functioning versions of the disorders. There are people with zero empathy, zero capacity for remorse, and distorted sense of self that can function quite nicely in any cut-throat profession.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I saw a bit where Amy Schumer interviewed a sociopath.

The sociopath tried to argue that " Many sociopaths do alot of good for the world. They are often CEO's and politicians."

To me that was just proof that they truly were a sociopath with zero understanding if morality or society.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I saw a bit where Amy Schumer interviewed a sociopath.

The sociopath tried to argue that " Many sociopaths do alot of good for the world. They are often CEO's and politicians."

To me that was just proof that they truly were a sociopath with zero understanding if morality or society.

Well CEOs and political figures are not bad functions by default. However these days they have been corrupted to the core and to the point of being counter-productive.

However the truth is that often it isn't bad idea to have people that aren't too much effected by emotion round the top. (to handle emergencies and system design)

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Well CEOs and political figures are not bad functions by default. However these days they have been corrupted to the core and to the point of being counter-productive.

However the truth is that often it isn't bad idea to have people that aren't too much effected by emotion round the top. (to handle emergencies and system design)

Heh, ENTJ here: I am not about to suggest that there is something wrong with those are not openly emotional.

There is an enormous difference between emotional and moral.

You are right about them being corrupt and mainly in ways that are self-serving while doing harm to everyone else ( embezzling, not paying taxes. Being caught in these bahaviors and skipping the country with billions while leaving everyone else uneployed and penniless.) most of these traits are soecifically sociopathic be havoir.