User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Please note, All, that I didn't say that children were to be treated as adults. I was referring to the fact that they have the same feelings as adults have.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Please note, All, that I didn't say that children were to be treated as adults. I was referring to the fact that they have the same feelings as adults have.
    Where did anyone say children don't have feelings? What do feelings have to do with the issue? But their feelings are immature and not the same as adults because they haven't learned the coping skills to handle their feelings and it is up to adults to parent them so that they can properly develop these skills. And it's a lot of WORK, so I just think people ought to consider such a lot harder than they seem to before making the plunge. That's all I was saying. People ought to self-evaluate their fitness for such hard work. And so many don't seem to.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Gotcha.

MBTI
    INFP

So, Bella, why am I in this handbasket and where are you taking me?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

Someplace fun, I hope.

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    let her put her hands in the bulk bins at the grocery store.
    Ooh, that makes me think of a serious gross-out pet peeve. People who let their kids stick their hands in the food at buffets. And it usually seems to happen immediately after they've wiped their hand across their snotty nose. Yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I'd have called their parents, explained that it was a legal liability
    Heh. And say, "Cause, y'know, I'd just hate to see your kid of have some kind of horrible accident or something, knowattamean?"
    I love my dog more than I like your stupid kid.
    lol. Blasphemy! All children are precious gifts from heaven, you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Kids aren't the only one's I've had grab me in public
    Geez, I said I was sorry! Wow. Some people just can't let anything go.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INFP

Hee.

This winter I saw a child going from bin to bin of candy near some luncheon booths while mom chattered away on the cell.

I indicated to her what her child was doing and she turned her back. I realized she had conveniently chosen that spot to have a cup of coffee and a conversation with an absent friend without the interference of having to parent at the same time!

Astounding.

MBTI
    INFP

The legal liability thing? When my kids were little we bought a swing set for them. A woman across the street said to me, "I'd never have one of those in MY yard." That's a liability."

I made a mental note to never allow her children to play on the swing set!

Then a few years went by and her growing babies got a new swing set in their yard. Laughing. . .

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    So, Bella, why am I in this handbasket and where are you taking me?
    Huh? I am completey lost..

MBTI
    INFP

Nay, Bella, 'tis not you. 'Tis poor addled Anja who is wandering around in the dark!

Had a senior moment there. . .