• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do you have deficit of self-esteem?

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Why so many people on this forum have this problem?
If people were more satisfied with their lives, they might not be on an internet forum? That's just a thought.

So, why people have problems with low self-esteem?
I usually have a pretty strong self-image. It's only when I fail that I start to doubt myself. Most of this comes from my father, who I could never please as a child, no matter how good I was at anything. "99% in chemistry? Why didn't you get 100%?!!" Sometimes, it leads to me seeking approval from others as some sort of surrogate.

I can't believe I'm posting this.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Hypothesizing that several specific instances may prove to be representative of more than the specific examples is, indeed, hypothesizing.

Bufo

MBTI Type
onto
Enneagram
5w4
^I didn't mean to bother anyone. When people associate something with J-ness or P-ness or anything else, I like to know how they did it.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
^I didn't mean to bother anyone. When people associate something with J-ness or P-ness or anything else, I like to know how they did it.
Observation, as stated. Do you disagree with the part of the hypothesis that claims Js get more done on average?

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Fear of failure, pressure to perform, measuring oneself to other people's standards, tests graded on a curve, keeping up with the Joneses.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Fear of failure, pressure to perform, measuring oneself to other people's standards, tests graded on a curve, keeping up with the Joneses.

My thoughts exactly. Materialism is a sure-fire way to blow your ego out of the water.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Actually simple:
-people pleasing tendencies/peacemaking/self-pitying etc..
-oversensitivity to criticism
- family environment
- school environment
- sensitivity to environment
- stressful and demanding environment
now let's go into explaining the 1st one.It's way too long.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Again, and it goes along with your list, Dwigie, as long as the qualification for feeling good about ourselves is somewhere other than within us, self-esteem will be elusive.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm actually confused as to what level of self esteem I have.
What constitutes low self-esteem?
What are symptoms of a deficit of self-esteem?

Anyway I think maybe people with lower levels of self-esteem just find themselves drifting to forums like these. Where it's easier to communicate or whatever with less worries and more comfort--because it's the internet.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
The better question is; Why do you have a low self esteem Mr.Social?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I have very good self-esteem actually.

My life sucks, not me, two very different things.

If you ask me this is a healthy attitude and I don't understand why more people can't think like this.

The better question is; Why do you have a low self esteem Mr.Social?

What makes you say that?

I have opened the thread beacuse I don't understand other people when things come to this.

Main reason why am "social" is the my self-esteem is very high.
(maybe even too high)

But I will take this as one more your negative attitude posts.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd say you have most of the info needed already.
What I am more interested in is how do you fix it *sigh*

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Why so many people on this forum have this problem?
There are many threads about things that are in the end linked to
self-esteem. In the personal DNA thread I have seen that many people have this problem and I just want to understand way?

In the real life I have seen plenty of people which on purpose are trying to take the role of the person with low self-esteem.

I am not saying that people should be ego-maniacs but I simply do not see the side of this people.
I have noticed that this usually manifest itself in social environment.

So, why people have problems with low self-esteem?
You do not have a deficit of self esteem.
Self esteem is the mirror of the perception of the other.