User Tag List

First 567

Results 61 to 65 of 65

  1. #61
    Senior Member Into It's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    664

    Default

    My low self esteem manifests in bombastic or self-destructive behavior. Only through the behavior have I traced the problem back to self esteem, though I don't seem to have low self esteem and I don't feel it. I have ADD to the max and it has always been hard for me to be smarter than the large majority of people that I have come into contact with while being logistically retarded. I have had my room key remade 4 times in the past 6 months. My car key 4 times as well. I've been pulled over 12 times and I'm 20 years old. Poor driving is often a sign of ADD. I can't focus enough to get anything done, even read, but I'm very hungry for knowledge. I frequently drive much farther than I should and am forced to turn around because I am so physically detached. When sensors talk to me, I become frustrated quickly. I have avoided them my entire life, dismissing them as less intelligent or incapable of following my speech. I did notice some Sensors being incredible artists. I knew that their intelligence wasn't missing, it was only placed somewhere differently than mine. They were SP's though. I STILL can't find the silver lining in SJ's. Kidding.

  2. #62
    Senior Member MrME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Why so many people on this forum have this problem?

    So, why people have problems with low self-esteem?
    People can get caught in a trap of comparing their real selves against their ideal selves, never realizing that the ideal is unattainable.
    INFJ
    4w5

  3. #63
    Senior Member Dwigie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    People can get caught in a trap of comparing their real selves against their ideal selves, never realizing that the ideal is unattainable.
    Bingo. I kept saying things like I have to "fix, improve" myself as if there was anything "wrong, default" in me in the first place. It's as if the fact that human beings were not morally perfect, selfless by nature etc had never been familiar to me before.
    Yep, I don't mean to sound like the stereotypical "ex -X preacher"
    (example=> I used to do drugs but now..etc.)
    But yeah it really does make life that much easier.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

  4. #64
    Senior Member MrME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    Bingo. I kept saying things like I have to "fix, improve" myself as if there was anything "wrong, default" in me in the first place. It's as if the fact that human beings were not morally perfect, selfless by nature etc had never been familiar to me before.
    This is a very damaging cycle to get caught in. Reality will rarely ever meet eye-to-eye with your ideal. And while the ideal is something good to strive for, realize that you'll never actually cross that finish line.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    Yep, I don't mean to sound like the stereotypical "ex -X preacher"
    You don't.
    INFJ
    4w5

  5. #65
    Senior Member MrME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    This is a very damaging cycle to get caught in. Reality will rarely ever meet eye-to-eye with your ideal. And while the ideal is something good to strive for, realize that you'll never actually cross that finish line.
    "Cross that finish line" was probably the wrong choice of words. :P
    INFJ
    4w5

Similar Threads

  1. Why Do You Have Pride?
    By Ginkgo in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 03:56 PM
  2. [INTJ] INTJs, how strong sense of self do you have?
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 01:55 AM
  3. What kind of hobbies do you have?
    By Sahara in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 10:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO