User Tag List

First 12345 Last

ThatGirl

I dont usually talk about other people. I almost always referenece myself to make distinctions.

Unless its a proven fact at the moment. Because another moment can really change things.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Okay, read my last post, and replace "call someone" with "think".

ThatGirl

Is it really that hard to believe there are non judgemental people?

This would explain why I took a morality/judgment test and scored severly disturbed. I should link that test.

I compartmentalize between situations and people. That was smart, that doesn't mean he is smart.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Thou shalt not judge? What the hell? Judging=how you make decisions!

Religious people should not be giving advice. It is the largest hypocrisy ever. Who are they to hand out ideas when they believe in stuff thousands of years old and can't think for themselves?
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Judgment is unavoidable. Categorization is just part of cognition, whether you like it or not. You can consciously fight it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

If you're talking about something other than categorization, maybe that's where this argument is coming from.

MBTI
    INTj

Why is it wrong to formulate an opinion about someone? For example, would you let a pedophile run a daycare?

ThatGirl

A pedophile can try to run a day care but that doesnt mean I would let my child go to it, that is caution. At the same time I cant say that a child going to the day care would get molested.

Religion does not equal judgment as much as judgment does not equal religion.

Catagorization is on many levels not just that is and that is not. There is a way to catagorize between what I see, what I think, who they are, what they think, what they are capable of, what they would react upon, what I believe they are capable of, what I believe they would react upon. Those almost never match up to true consistant judgment. There is only theory and theory can be flawed. It is not wise to hold someone accountable to your theory.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Wait wait wait, how do you distinguish between "what they are capable of" and "what you think they are capable of"?

ThatGirl

through the simple recognition of patterns.

This is what this is capable of under these cirumstances. That does not always mean that is how the person will react under such cirumstances. There are always several different options to circumstance. But it doesn't change the capability. Everything is decided by personal choice. Therefore if I cannot say for certain, this is what you WILL do, I cannot classify the person to my perception. If I dissaprove of what they may do I can only choose to adjust myself accordingly, but I cannot hold them accountable for that because it is my choice.

You can make judgments in order make decisions and you can judge people on a personal level.

If you're the doing second, it's not that big of a deal, because most people do it. Judging someone on a personal level causes you to examine what you don't like in someone else, and this will either cause you to become more egotistical, or it will enable you to see what you don't like within yourself so you can fix it. Either way, you're progressing in whichever direction you've chosen.

I judge people, I suppose, but I would never assume that my assessment is flawless, and I'm always willing to change my mind.

I expect people to judge me. That's why we have brains.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson