• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Home Sweet Home?

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
What does the word "HOME" mean to you?

home_zpsssrk005l.jpg

Is it a place?

honey%20im%20home_zpsbkkjkpcp.gif

Is it a feeling?

What makes somewhere feel 'like home' to you?

coming%20home_zps9cfw3geg.jpg

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
birthday suit. no consequences.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
LOVE ^ both of those.

Still formulating my idea of home, but in part somewhere I want to return to (even if in memory). Like a HOMEpage. Somewhere that counts for something like HOME base.

Will return with more specifics...

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm pretty literal when it comes to the idea of home. It is a shelter that, ideally, no one can take from you. A place to always go. Your physical address, and where people will find you on your dullest of days.

Though I do feel home-like vibes from other places (i.e. I don't really get too homesick when traveling, and I have found a home-like feel in my current rental property and in my boyfriend), home is home to me.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Home as a place is boring and stagnant to me. I guess home is like chasing adventure because chasing adventure is a homey, comfortable feeling. It's more a state of being I guess? Like being at home in the things you do. :shrug:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
feeling at home is where i can relax...not physical relax, i can go crazy if not doing things. but relax to do whatever i want.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Home =

Current Home =

Ancestral Home =

Attachments

• picture-uh=3616c1b1f01ffc8bdce575527a49c19-ps=95cf8329de6bce207b3db8cafadd1a47-3703-Jackstadt-St.jpg
    picture-uh=3616c1b1f01ffc8bdce575527a49c19-ps=95cf8329de6bce207b3db8cafadd1a47-3703-Jackstadt-St.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1
  • duvanjsko_polje2.jpg
    duvanjsko_polje2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1

gromit

likes this
A tiny bit of the world that is my very own, with people I care about nearby. I'm really good at home, if that can be considered a skill.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Home is the love I have for those close to me.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't feel like I know what a home is.

Life just seems to be a series of eventual movings on.

Trash Panda

Retired
The definition of home has changed for me over the years. It used to be a physical place. Where I grew up. My hometown. Then after moving around the country for years it became people. Now I'm in between homes, I guess, though I do live in a house with family.. We've been here for almost two years, (in this house for 5 months) and it feels familiar but it doesn't give me comforting home-y vibes. Maybe nothing ever will? Is it unusual to not have one? Why is it considered sad to not have a "home"?

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
The physical place where you're comfortable taking your shoes off = (my) HOUSE. I never say my house (the place I live in) is my home, because it's just a place. I may move away, change its appearance and it will mean nothing to me.

I'd say "home" is any place (in time, so it'd actually be moment) in which I'm comfortable with being myself, feeling at my finest (which is probably stepping waaaay out of my comfort zone to do crazy stuff I believe in, like moving alone 1000 miles away from my parents). I am my home. I sometimes believe I'm not my body and I'm like its host, so no matter where I am, I know where I am and what resources I have/lack to survive (meaning my creativity and lack of charisma).

All in all, I think I'd rather call a forest a home than a place where I store furniture (though I'd totally accept to call home the place where my books are, those are sacred), because I feel at ease with myself, like thoughts and worries and doubts and anything human-related matters at all. Just trees, the lake and me, a breathing entity.

I was talking to a Russian guy once, who said that home/family/love consists in the things/people you get used to having around. To me is just the opposite (therefore stopped discussing the idea with him and went away). "Getting used to" is like... the lack of feeling towards something. When I get used to things, they just disappear as things I care about (say a person, a place, or my toaster). The sentiment towards a place I belong to doesn't concern me much (I'm not very patriotic either), because my life has been a constant change of places, houses and people. What is given today, tomorrow I may not have it, so I either have to refrain from the idea of a home, or believe the concept of home is something that can be transported with me, or that can appear or disappear given a set of conditions.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Home for me is very literal. A space with all of my stuff in it. Somewhere cozy and private and quiet and safe.

Home is the place I have settled. Maybe it's the Si in me, but I like being settled. Running around all the time would tire me. I need a place to go at the end of the day, a familiar place, and constant place.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think for me home will always be where I'm from, at least as long as my family is there. I moved to a new state 5 years ago, and most days it does feel like "home". But then I'll return to where I grew up, and where my family still lives, and I'll realize that Central California will always be home. Even just driving some of the streets I frequented for the first 18 years of my life brings a strange sense of comfort.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I don't feel like I know what a home is.

Life just seems to be a series of eventual movings on.

A mobile "Home"? :)

mobile%20home_zpsg4nzrodl.jpg

Is there emotion attached to the bold [MENTION=7]Totenkindly[/MENTION], or just statement of fact?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Home is a comfort level, usually associated with a space which I can tailor to my needs and be reasonably assured of accessing whenever I want.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
"Home" brings to mind a variety of things that aren't necessarily all related to one another, exactly.

A warm fire. A friend's smile. Sleeping in. Fuzzy socks. A feeling of complete satisfaction, no worries, no dread.

Like that.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
"Home" brings to mind a variety of things that aren't necessarily all related to one another, exactly.

A warm fire. A friend's smile. Sleeping in. Fuzzy socks. A feeling of complete satisfaction, no worries, no dread.

Like that.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A state of mind. It doesn't necessarily have to be a physical home but any place or activity/occupation/etc that engages that state of mind could be called home.

"My friends.....we've come home!"