First 678910 Last

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

When I ask questions, I tend to be very precise in how I ask them because I usually already have some idea as to what the answer might be, and I'm trying to lead the person into framing their answer in a way that I can understand it, to learn something new. When I theorize, I can be /extremely/ vague at times, lol. And I love to speculate based on synthetic experienced derived from my imagination. And I also understand trying to comprehend something by linking it to as many other things as possible to gain the bigger picture. I had a class in Electronics once with an ISTJ professor. He kept piling detail upon detail with us, so much so that we got lost in the detail and I was unable to find the main point of what he was saying. I remember asking him for analogies at times, but he admitted that he sucked at analogies. He could do one, or maybe two occasionally, and they weren't all that good :P.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I don't see XNTJs as beating around the bush. They tend to be more "to the point" then anyone I know. Sometimes moreso then XSTJs.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENTP

yeah well, I did say all the way through that I'm suffering from severe lack of sleep and so can't really get my brain in gear lately...

I wasn't really intending for a blow by blow dissection of the N's way of thinking... by its very nature it's going to be more difficult to express than the S way so already we're at a disadvantage!!

Like I say, I was more hoping that other N's would be able to express in a better way than I could, why we do what Colors said she felt frustrated by, in the hopes it would illustrate that we're not 'just making things up' or avoiding talking about reality for some kind of unbalanced/stupid purpose.

The reason it piqued my interest in the first place is because I've had a lifetime of being told I talk shit and then having my 'shit' played out and proven right, and then people STILL don't apologize or trust me next time. There's always method to my madness, it sorta hurts though to have all my thinking put down to either personality flaws or lack of knowledge. There's a reason why N's choose to do things the N way when we could do it the S way...

PT I'm cool with what you say It's basically a case of 'we need both, and THIS is MY one!' that's fair enough.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    The reason it piqued my interest in the first place is because I've had a lifetime of being told I talk shit and then having my 'shit' played out and proven right, and then people STILL don't apologize or trust me next time. There's always method to my madness, it sorta hurts though to have all my thinking put down to either personality flaws or lack of knowledge. There's a reason why N's choose to do things the N way when we could do it the S way...
    "How glorious, and how painful to be the exception" --R. Crumb, possible paraphrase.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I definitely beat around the bush, insofar as I do not come to the point directly. In order to discover an answer, I have to jump from A to D to Z to S to B.

This confuses the shit out of people almost all of the time, so I had to avoid this while teaching. It took a lot of prep time to teach my classes at first to avoid this tendency. Teaching has enabled me to sort of refine my thoughts a bit and not be so wordy.

So has years of getting Bs on papers for having a "well-written, well-structured, grammatically flawless paper with no thesis." Uh yeah, things like that frustrated the hell out of me.

After a while, you learn how to invest the time and effort to organize your thoughts and ideas, but I have to admit, the Te does not come to me naturally. I had to develop it, and it was only until I was in college that I learned how to develop my Te to a degree where OTHER people were asking me to correct THEIR papers. One day it was like BOOOOOM!!!! I got it. And I wondered, "What the hell was wrong with me for all those years?!?!?!" Then I started criticizing papers for the same mistakes *I* had always made.

But as you can see, when I am not doing academic writing, I slip back into my old Ne habits of flitting from one topic and idea to the next with no real rhyme or rhythm (except for me - but that's not exactly helpful in communication).

So yeah...hmm...what was my point? Oh yeah, right. Yes, I do beat around the bush.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Life would be easier for everyone if they would just accept that I know what the f*** I'm talking about.
    Extremes: Need To Pursue

I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!

MBTI
    ENTP

Little Linguist - Te's not a problem for me. I can structure with the best of 'em. Well, almost with the best of 'em, I had a live-in ENTJ for a while that saw to that... it's the S part that's my problem!! I've an ISTP and ISTJ in my garage though, heh, and they're gradually helping me out with that as I'm helping them out with a bit of Spongebob action... haha... still a long way to go though on both sides!

563 740 - you don't know how many times I've wanted to say that. Very loudly.
    Joking aside though... of course I don't expect a stranger or colleague or something to take me seriously without evidence to back me up, that'd be unreasonable, especially if the person has no or limited previous experience of my methods - and results. But if we're talking about someone who's known me for years, I would've thought that by now they could've noticed that though my methods and stuff might look a bit fuzzy from where they're standing, they can't really deny that I get results. Good ones. And learn to trust me. But yet... they often don't...

It can go both ways though... for example, when I let my ESFP sister take care of something for me, I had to trust that she knew what she was doing even though to me, it seemed like she was acting on impulse dictated purely by what was in front of her senses, without consideration of longterm effects or how what she was doing fitted into the bigger picture. And that was very difficult for me to do.

edit - but the particular point made in the quote I put in the OP, or the point it brought up in my mind was that here, the N isn't even being trusted to know how to handle THEIR OWN LIFE, to know or be able to judge what information they need, what's relevant to a situation... ?!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post

So has years of getting Bs on papers for having a "well-written, well-structured, grammatically flawless paper with no thesis." Uh yeah, things like that frustrated the hell out of me.
    I had the opposite problem. I would get to the point too fast without all the flowery window dressing words, and the teacher would be like "it has to be 500 words", so I'd have to repeat the words "Screw Flanders" at the end of it, over and over and over again.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sorry sub, but all this "beatin' around the bush" has to do with all you I/ENTPs.

You and your Ti-driven tirelessly tidy, meticulous attempts to tinker out the tiniest of details into tenuous tissues of "coherent", titanic meaning can render the rest of us in somewhat of a tizzy!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Sorry sub, but all this "beatin' around the bush" has to do with all you I/ENTPs.

You and your Ti-driven tirelessly tidy, meticulous attempts to tinker out the tiniest of details into tenuous tissues of "coherent", titanic meaning can render the rest of us in somewhat of a tiizzy!

Guilty as charged for the most part.
    Entirely innocent of the bold parts