User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    dude, you're so misdiagnosed it's not even funny...
    "Joeeyyyy! I wanna hit you!"

MBTI
    ISTP

But I'm having a bad vocabulary day today and seem unable to articulate what it is I'm thinking properly. Anyone care to input?
    Any other Ss find irony in... the lack of question to answer in the OP?

I would, however, like to draw a line between NP/SP and NJ/SJ differences here. It is mostly Ps that ask open ended questions like this, while it is mostly Js that ask the "wrong", but defined, questions.

IMO, it has to do with what we get rewarded with.

Asking a direct question and getting a direct answer leaves you nothing to think about. Resolution goes against both N and P in different ways.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Alternatively, pull the bush out with a Chevy and toss it in a ditch. Some bushes just clutter up the view.
    After careful consideration, we have decided to use the SP approach. Everybody step back...
    Extremes: Need To Pursue

I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!

MBTI
    ENTP

well yeah, you got a point PT, but address it to Colors since she was the one complaining about N's being too vague... SHE'S the one who failed to specify NP's
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Any other Ss find irony in... the lack of question to answer in the OP?
    We're still busy framing the question in order to properly answer it.
    Extremes: Need To Pursue

I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!

MBTI
    ISTP

well yeah, you got a point PT, but address it to Colors since she was the one complaining about N's being too vague... SHE'S the one who failed to specify NP's
    Heh heh... well, we wouldn't want to close the door on possible avenues of disagreement, otherwise we'd have nothing to talk about, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 563 740 View Post
    We're still busy framing the question in order to properly answer it.
    :rolli:

Another thing crossed my mind;

But I'm having a bad vocabulary day today and seem unable to articulate what it is I'm thinking properly.

Could this indicate resistance against forming a... properly framed... question?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Could this indicate resistance against forming a... properly framed... question?
    On many occasions you'd be quite right in suggesting that PT, but I'm afraid on this occasion it's indicative only of severe lack of sleep coupled with a badly timed decision to give up caffeine! I actually really tried several times before giving up and just posting it as it is hahaaha
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    I don't think I tergiversate intentionally.
    I hope I don't either. That sounds painful.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

The reason I like to solve more general problems than specific ones is due to the inventors paradox.

In B. Fuller's terms:
    "the more ambitious plan may have more chances of success".

In more general terms:
    "Solve a concrete problem by solving a more general problem. The general problem has paradoxically a simpler solution. But you have to invent an appropriate general problem which covers your concrete problem. "

This is my main problem solving strategy. It elucidates the principles at work.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

No, S's never think about the big picture or general principles. We do. (And it does seem to tie into P/J difference as well.) The N just comes after the natural S process.

It is however, quite difficult to solve or fully explore anything when facts are missing.

In the same post that you started this thread to respond to, I mentioned my ESTJ friend often parrots back uninteresting side information or titles/resume facts when asked to describe someone. I've found this often among STJs- (the facts are slightly different among SFJs). However, my ESTJ friend is the starting point of such thought- the majority of my experience with the frustration of hearing such uninformative answers. Although I think my experience *can* be applied more universally perhaps, it would be disingenuous and even misleading to not state said experience upfront and leave it to the audience to judge validity.

Oh, a word just came to me: leverage. It's all about leverage for N's, isn't it? Or is that just me? You know, the reason we're more interested in 'why ESFP's are flighty' than asking 'how do I get this ESFP to notice me' is because the general idea is that when you understand the whys and hows of something, it enables you to know exactly where to apply leverage in order to achieve the desired effect.
    Isn't that the point of all psychology? (The opening speech of every psychology class I've ever taken. )