User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post

incidentally, do you have a particular attachment to sodium? (your avatar)
    NA - Negative Asian.

MBTI
    ENTP

so, is it woods and trees again?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    An S will want specific points nailed in place at specific locations; the N wants the "pattern" or relationship between the points to be determined, and then the pattern can be overlaid over any situation to see if the specific points in that situation are properly related.
    I can see the value of the specific points an S would want. Do S's see the value of the pattern or relationship between points?

For example, an opening post might ask about why ESFPs are flighty, but a few posts later the real question would turn out to be "How do I get this ESFP to pay attention to me?".
    When I get this sort of question my first response is usually "Why--what's going on?" or "which one of your ESFP friends is annoying you?"

I prefer to start with the specific, personal, hear all the details of a specific example (heck, I even want a name!) THEN I will generalize it and discuss the pattern and the relationship between all the RELEVANT points.

I sometimes get annoyed by the N-style questions because it often feels manipulative, or is wasting my time.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    When I get this sort of question my first response is usually "Why--what's going on?" or "which one of your ESFP friends is annoying you?"

I prefer to start with the specific, personal, hear all the details of a specific example (heck, I even want a name!) THEN I will generalize it and discuss the pattern and the relationship between all the points.
    Yeah, my close friend (an ISTJ) is the same. It frustrates me as much as my beating around the bush frustrates him. I just want to introduce the topic and get to the part that I wanted to tell him about, the part I need his input for, and he just keeps stopping me and pressing for detail and I'm like dude, look, that doesn't matter, that's not what I wanted to talk about, that's just what inspired me to want to talk about it.

Of course he says it's the same the other way round. He just wants to know what the heck I'm talking about in detail so then he can more 'safely' theorize. I guess for me, I need to theorize first before I even feel able to define what it is that I'm talking about...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post

I prefer to start with the specific, personal, hear all the details of a specific example (heck, I even want a name!) THEN I will generalize it and discuss the pattern and the relationship between all the points.
    This may be obvious, but my fingers are energetic: Probably because sensors have more experience with details, and intuitives more with theory. As sensors age they become more adept at the big picture stuff, and as intuitives age we gain experience in life--thus we become like each other.

MBTI
    ENTP

Most of the good points were already hit so I'll try to come up with an analogy...

We beat around the bush instead of just trampling straight over it - for all we know, we might not even need to do anything with the bush!! Better to give it a good looking over first.
    Extremes: Need To Pursue

I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by 563 740 View Post
    We beat around the bush instead of just trampling straight over it - for all we know, we might not even need to do anything with the bush!! Better to give it a good looking over first.
    Alternatively, pull the bush out with a Chevy and toss it in a ditch. Some bushes just clutter up the view.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Alternatively, pull the bush out with a Chevy and toss it in a ditch. Some bushes just clutter up the view.
    Do it.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    dude, you're so misdiagnosed it's not even funny...