User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Perhaps it's because if you ask a very specific question online the thread tumbles to the bottom with zero replies. That's been my experience.
    Okay, pragmatic but astute

Do you not do it in RL then? Assuming you actually have any friends to beat around the bush with that is?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP

Exactly. To Ns it's more important to understand the general principles behind what make ESFPs tick. Then they'll attempt to apply what they have learnt to the ESFP in their personal life. Ns do not want to personalise their questions right away. They need to know whether what they are experiencing is generally true or not - and if not, then how they should redefine the way they look at ESFPs.
    I 78% N 62% F 62% P 67%
    [From http://www.humanmetrics.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you want to see the Indian sun?
    It's shining into my green eyes,
    Dappling my fur a patchy brown,
    Brightening up my spotty white.

Purr...

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Okay, pragmatic but astute

Do you not do it in RL then? Assuming you actually have any friends to beat around the bush with that is?
    Yes I have friends. Just forty minutes ago one, and I, were laughing about shit at the gym. I honestly got most of my intellectual discussions out of the way in high school.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by milti girl View Post
    Exactly. To Ns it's more important to understand the general principles behind what make ESFPs tick. Then they'll attempt to apply what they have learnt to the ESFP in their personal life. Ns do not want to personalise their questions right away. They need to know whether what they are experiencing is generally true or not - and if not, then how they should redefine the way they look at ESFPs.
    Very well said.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Yes I have friends. Just forty minutes ago one, and I, were laughing about shit at the gym. I honestly got most of my intellectual discussions out of the way in high school.
    Thank Krishna for that! I thought I was the only one who'd rather hack off his arm than talk about existentialism etc... talk about done to death!!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Thank Krishna for that! I thought I was the only one who'd rather hack of his arm than talk about existentialism etc... talk about done to death!!
    *low five*

MBTI
    ENTP

They need to know whether what they are experiencing is generally true or not - and if not, then how they should redefine the way they look at ESFPs.
    Yes, this is really it, the part that perhaps some find difficult, especially about NP's (maybe). We ARE very willing to change our minds if given new information that conflicts currently held theory. And all opinion isn't opinion as such, more a work in progress. So I wouldn't want to go acting on my current idea of this person or ESFP's or advice given before I figure out if I'm starting my enquiries from the right point. Does that make sense?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

See, that makes me feel better about us. It's not that we don't want accuracy. We do! It's just a different way of getting the information.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    See, that makes me feel better about us. It's not that we don't want accuracy. We do! It's just a different way of getting the information.
    yeah. and it's different aspects of a situation that we're more interested in being accurate about... sorta

incidentally, do you have a particular attachment to sodium? (your avatar)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

yes.

Life is broadened out to "concepts/principles," then reapplied the situation. That seems far more efficient than having a particular fix for each little situation that is not applicable elsewhere... plus it's the "understanding the big picture" thing.

If a particular fix doesn't fit into the big picture, then it's not valid anyway. It's a way to check a particular piece of advice. Choices are driven from top-down (concept -> application) and not just application -> application.

yeah. and it's different aspects of a situation that we're more interested in being accurate about... sorta
    N's tend to be less concerned over where the "focal points" of the picture are and more interested in whether they are correctly "related" to each other.

An S will want specific points nailed in place at specific locations; the N wants the "pattern" or relationship between the points to be determined, and then the pattern can be overlaid over any situation to see if the specific points in that situation are properly related.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    See, that makes me feel better about us. It's not that we don't want accuracy.
    Yup, accuracy in the relationality of the points. (If the big picture doesn't gel, something is very wrong and needs corrected.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft