• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

i have a fear or phobia of jail

chado

MBTI Type
infp
ok guys im realy not trolling i have this fear of going to jail and getting raped or beaten or killed in jail,what is this,in high school,one of my friends would always share details of what happens in jail and gangsters ect and from there i started developing a phobia of getting raped by gangsters or getting raped in jail ,im not trolling i litteraly have nightmares were im in jail and would be fearing of getting raped!,how do i stop this?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I have a similar-ish phobia. I've at several times had a scenario play out in my head where I am being hounded by the police, and I end up retreating into the wilderness to avoid jail. It does not follow from me committing some crime, either, it just starts with the cops after me.

I'll let this one sit with me and respond when I have more to say.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Find a therapist and don't do anything illegal.

Starry

While I've never met anyone that has an overwhelming fear of (specifically) "going to jail and being raped by gangsters" ...I have met a surprisingly high number of people that have a fairly pronounced fear of being wrongly accused of a crime. And when I take a moment to consider it all... I actually think it is a reasonable fear to have.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Have you pondered the "why" of it?

I am going to posit there may be more than "mundane" fears regarding gangs, rape etc...though that can reasonably play a part!

I rejected a scholarship to private school years ago because I knew the strictly enforced schedules and rules would drive me barmy. I knew I COULD do it, but also knew it would not serve me best.

You are an INFP:

-Do you prefer places with open space floor plans?
- Do you like natural light?
- Do you value spare time left to your own thinking and devices?
- Do you prefer to decide your own value system?
- Do you enjoy hearing different perspectives?
- Do you like variety when it comes to: environment, association and food choices?
- Do you prefer authentic people to those with ulterior or manipulative intent? Does conflict with those personalities make you uncomfortable?

ALL the above factors into prison life.

I am wondering if this fear has a practical connection to: reconciling where stability, routine and structure fit into your life?

It did for me. Learning to not fear those elements of life but integrate them as needed was very liberating.

Does your current life have a reasonable expectation of you ending up in jail?

Mole

Permabanned
Find a therapist and don't do anything illegal.

Therapists don't have a high success rate, except in the treatment of phobias.

Of course it must be a genuine phobia and not a narcissistic fantasy.

And interestingly therapists refuse to treat so called phobias created for political reasons, such as islamophobia or homophobia.

chado

MBTI Type
infp
Have you pondered the "why" of it?

I am going to posit there may be more than "mundane" fears regarding gangs, rape etc...though that can reasonably play a part!

I rejected a scholarship to private school years ago because I knew the strictly enforced schedules and rules would drive me barmy. I knew I COULD do it, but also knew it would not serve me best.

You are an INFP:

- Do you like variety when it comes to: environment, association and food choices?
- Do you prefer authentic people to those with ulterior or manipulative intent? Does conflict with those personalities make you uncomfortable?

ALL the above factors into prison life.

I am wondering if this fear has a practical connection to: reconciling where stability, routine and structure fit into your life?

It did for me. Learning to not fear those elements of life but integrate them as needed was very liberating.

Does your current life have a reasonable expectation of you ending up in jail?

yes i do
Do you like natural light?
yes
Do you value spare time left to your own thinking and devices?
yes
Do you prefer to decide your own value system?
yes
Do you enjoy hearing different perspectives?
yes
Do you like variety when it comes to: environment, association and food choices?
yes
Do you prefer authentic people to those with ulterior or manipulative intent? Does conflict with those personalities make you uncomfortable?
yes i prefer people who are authentic and those with ulterior or manipulative intent makes me uncomfortable.

chado

MBTI Type
infp
ill so have theres semi nightmares about ill be walking in this hospital walking down the psych ward,then there will be this dark passage that says do not enter and the aura will just be scary and the passage dark and there will be cells all the way down with there crimanals in them,and id walk past them but the people in there would be more scarier than demons,and in the dream id think wow if i must end up in there ill get raped

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ok guys im realy not trolling i have this fear of going to jail and getting raped or beaten or killed in jail,what is this,in high school,one of my friends would always share details of what happens in jail and gangsters ect and from there i started developing a phobia of getting raped by gangsters or getting raped in jail ,im not trolling i litteraly have nightmares were im in jail and would be fearing of getting raped!,how do i stop this?

I also have the same fear more often than most people, I always think what shall I do if I was in these situations..
I suggest that you don't think about it, like you better try to redirect your attention to more positive things, like music, arts, movies etc. and if it's more of an obsession then I suggest that you seek a therapy..

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Most people should know there is free will to do good things. As long as you do good things, keep doing them and mind your own buisness. NO ONE can force you to do anything. And you won't end up in prison if you are innocent, the police can recognize these things. At least in the West. Just keep doing good things and learning.

Good luck! :)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
You are a(n) INFP human:

- Do you prefer places with open space floor plans?

I'm pondering how many people would answer no to most of these questions..