• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If You Could?

mystik_INFJ

Permabanned
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do?

I doubt your ability to change according to anything because you sound very intelectually lazy (a trait of agnostics or nihilists). You seem to be willingly ignorant about the matter. Or maybe you're just scientifically illiterate. This isn't a matter of if. It isn't even a matter of when. We already know this because we understand stellar evolution and astrophysiscs.

Mole

Permabanned
I doubt your ability to change according to anything because you sound very intelectually lazy (a trait of agnostics or nihilists). You seem to be willingly ignorant about the matter. Or maybe you're just scientifically illiterate. This isn't a matter of if. It isn't even a matter of when. We already know this because we understand stellar evolution and astrophysiscs.

The expansion of the universe is accelerating, and before long the whole universe will be expanding away from us faster than the speed of light, and we will be left completely and forever alone in a dark universe, making the colonisation of the universe impossible.

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will travel back to Aug 15 when I joined this forum and take a chill pill instead. ;)

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Time...

I would travel to the past.

Just by degrees at first, collecting small sums of money an making investments through history Pop in her and there, thither and yon. Snog Madame De Pompadour go back to 1875 and have my picture taken. Appear in the backgrounds of famous moments in history. Flip Antiques for fun and profit. Just really take advantage.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1) Would you travel to the past or the future?
The first thing I would do as soon as I got on a time machine would be to pull a "Back to the future" and bring a list of sports results so I could bet on them all and get lots of money then bribe my way to world leadership and try to make it a better and more advanced place. On the other hand I would like to go back to the dinosaur times and capture some then bring them with me to the present to open a dinosaur zoo to spare the trouble of trying to clone them. Between the two the second sounds more fun and trollish but the first one is more practical. Another good use would be to go back in time to avoid deadlines and get extra time to do work.

2) If you could only travel to the past, what past event would you choose to witness? Your birth? Seeing your Grandparent's meet? The trial of Galileo? The Beatles performing? ANYthing your heart desires.
I would love to see my pairents meet (Don't get to close to avoid yet another "Back to the Future") as i think it would be heart-warming for me.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i guess i would go to ahead by a year (or perhaps thirty), and find the nearest (in the temporal sense) large/unclaimed lotto... after my research i would check out what happened with the commodity/stock/realty market to see if there were any good investments to make... i would make sure there were no major wars/tragedies to avoid while i was traveling, and make sure that the people i care about weren't going to die... that way i would have the money/foresight to protect them if needed... anyhow, when i got back i would be prepared to set my family up with trust funds and travel as much as i liked...

good odds i am not the only one to say more or less this very thing...

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Buddhist doctrine of the Self leads to fatalism. And fatalism leads away from liberal democracy and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. And fatalism leads away from social and moral progress.

Lolz you obviously don't understand Buddhism or the meaning of fatalism.

And even if Buddhism does believe in fatalism - which is does not - one must take a shit ton of LSD to go from fatalism to the leading-away from liberal democracy and then for it to lead away from declaration of human rights.

You either understand Buddhism poorly or you are trolling like the last hundred times which so often gets you banned.

Either that or LSD.

He's obviously just from a much higher frequency of thought than we are. He's a mole from the 4th dimension plane.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's the LSD man. Mole - i think has - used it a bit too much in the 70s.

But anyway be warned, the Mole has an ANTI-EVERYTHING-STANCE which is either self righteousness or plain and simply trolling.

The only things he firmly believes in is that the first European colonies in Australia didn't abuse and exploit the local aboriginal population when the first british colonies started. Oh, and any culture that isn't European culture is primitive and inhumane. Those are Mole's two firm beliefs.

(NO, I am NOT saying it is happening now. Infact the Australian government -which predominantly consists of European descendants - are quite nice, sympathetic and helpful to the aboriginal population. It wasn't like that always.)

Mole

Permabanned
Lolz you obviously don't understand Buddhism or the meaning of fatalism.

And even if Buddhism does believe in fatalism - which is does not - one must take a shit ton of LSD to go from fatalism to the leading-away from liberal democracy and then for it to lead away from declaration of human rights.

You either understand Buddhism poorly or you are trolling like the last hundred times which so often gets you banned.

Either that or LSD.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's the LSD man. Mole - i think has - used it a bit too much in the 70s.

But anyway be warned, the Mole has an ANTI-EVERYTHING-STANCE which is either self righteousness or plain and simply trolling.

The only things he firmly believes in is that the first European colonies in Australia didn't abuse and exploit the local aboriginal population when the first british colonies started. Oh, and any culture that isn't European culture is primitive and inhumane. Those are Mole's two firm beliefs.

(NO, I am NOT saying it is happening now. Infact the Australian government -which predominantly consists of European descendants - are quite nice, sympathetic and helpful to the aboriginal population. It wasn't like that always.)

You understand us so well. And with friends like you, we don't need any enemies.