User Tag List

First 1234 Last

ThatGirl

Shit! I am Fe I just dont define F as others do...its very objective to the situation.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Shit! I am Fe I just dont define F as others do...its very objective to the situation.
    A complicated thing about functions is that it seems like different authors define them differently. You might identify strongly with one Fe description, but another seems like it is not you at all.

Also "feeling" in MBTI is not used the way it is used in normal language. It is not just emotion, but covers values as well. For example if you feel strongly about the environment, politics, religion or some cause that would be part of F.

ThatGirl

After almost accidentally killing the dog I never should have owned in the first place. I really wanted her to make it so I could give her to someone else........ because I'm not a caretaker and I dont do causes.

But I cared enough to give her away

She did make it by the way and with a good family with another dog.

ThatGirl

I think I need to read up on F more

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Jung's system is totally based on the functions and more reliable than MBTI.
    agreed very very very much, if you look at my posts, a good chunk of them are basically function theory. the functions are by far one of the most important things in personality typing. to me, moreso then understanding the temperaments (though you must understand that before functions). the reason i find them to be extremely helpful is because really anything can be explained using functions. it seems to help people who are trying to figure out what they are in mbti terms. I use it a lot in situations. Really, its a deeper way of understanding people. and your functions are INTP (Ti, Ne, Si, Fe)
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Functions are a lot like Astrology in actual practice. You tell someone "you are x, that's why you do this," and they say "oh yeah, that makes sense."
    yes, it's pretty easy to do that.

I.e., you can define behavior in terms of functions, but you cannot justify/proves functions necessarily from behavior. It's just one way of organizing behavior and potentially explaining it and probably should just be looked at in that light.

I think where it gets a little more interesting is whether or not you can predict future behavior by organizing past behavior in terms of function. Does it have predictive value? Unfortunately there is enough deviation so you're left wondering what suggests the theory is flawed versus what is just exception to the rule.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

behavior/motives = enneagram, decision making = functions/mbti. you will find that an Fi and Fe person might come to the same decision but for different reason. or they have a different mindset about it.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Functions are a lot like Astrology in actual practice. You tell someone "you are x, that's why you do this," and they say "oh yeah, that makes sense." Yet you can't usually decipher someone's functions without prior knowledge. Think about it.
    And Keirsey is somehow better? Are you kidding?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    And Keirsey is somehow better? Are you kidding?
    Yes; No.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Good luck with that.