User Tag List

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Bullying

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

China is our biggest trading partner and we have learnt from long experience that China is a bully.

The important thing we have learnt is not to respond emotionally to Chinese bullying which interestingly is mainly rhetoric, instead we calmly stand up to Chinese bullying.

And the Chinese don't just bully us, they specifically and openly bullying countries around them that are smaller than China.

China bullies the Philippines, Vietnam, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, and Taiwan. When they get away with it, they just increase the bullying.

As I write China is forming an alliance with Russia, who is engaged in bullying the Ukraine - those who bully together, stay together.

Unfortunately narcissists only see personal bullying and are blind to State bullying.

Senior Member Array misfortuneteller's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

i was bullied and then i became a bully.
    Likes magpie liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI None

I hear ya, substitute. I've went through extreme bullying as well and even years later I'm still suffering from it. School was dumb and told me they'd stop if I didn't react. Clearly they just wanted me to suffer through it and save themselves trouble instead of actually dealing with it.

I can say from experience that, sadly, the people who bully enter a closed mindset and only fighting back will result in any kind of progress for you. I remember this kid who wouldn't stop bullying me all the way from junior to high school. The day I lost my temper and pretty much demolished his face is when he completely and utterly stopped. It's sadly the only way that works. There's no talking sense into them because they don't care about authority, common sense or other people's feelings. They only care about themselves... make them realize their own well-being might be in danger if they keep up and they'll stop. I know it's not ideal but if I have ever have kids and they're bullied, I'll tell them to fight back the hardest they can. There's no way in hell I'll tell them to suck it up and accept the unacceptable.

Stop the bullying.

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    MBTI
    ixfp
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

I experienced some of the passive-aggressive female game playing style bullying, but the worst was seeing my brother get bullied over the years. It makes me less tolerant of behaviors that smack of bullying. I'm not sure how to reach a bully, either.

I can see the problem with labeling children as "bullies" because then it becomes their identity. Giving a child who bullies the opportunity to do something kind and helpful to create a new identity could be effective if done correctly. People learn a sense of empowerment from being kind and helpful rather than from dominating and hurting others. It comes down to identity and empowerment.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

I was bullied in school a lot. All of it was for things I couldn't help.

The kids bullied me because I was pigeon/toed ( my left knee did not grow properly so it turned inward) the teachers and students both made fun of me because the medicine I had to take gave me really bad breath. They mistook it for poir hygeine. When I entered the room everyone would yell at the teacher to open a window and the teacher would agree. The bus ride home was hell because of the same window nonsense, plus the kids would shove me off the seats and I had to sit on the ground...and then kicked.

The teachers told me and everyone else that I was just a bad/lazy kid when the truth is that my medicatin made me very sick all day and I couldn't concentrate.
    For me fighting back didn't help. It was the only time teachers paid any attention to me and only further convinved that I was the problem.

I'm a confident adult now. I know a lot of people who were used to be bullied who now have stable jobs and many friends yet they live in the past, obssesed with thier bullies and getting back at them. Whenever I ask why they're so mopey it's because " I was bullied in school." ( they're all in thier late 30's)
    Poor pitiful things. I may not have what they do, but I've already gotten my revenge; I can't remember a single one of those bullies name's.
    Likes geedoenfj, labyrinthine liked this post

This user is always right Array geedoenfj's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    I was bullied in school a lot. All of it was for things I couldn't help.

The kids bullied me because I was pigeon/toec ( my left kneedid not grow right so it turned in) the teachers and students both made fun of me because the medicine I had to take gave me really bad breath.

The teachers told me and everyone else that I was just a bad/laxy kid when the truth is that my medicatin made me very sick all day and I couldn't concentrate.
    For me fighting back d id 't help. It was the only time teachers paid any attention to me and only further convinved that I was the problem.

I'm a confident adult now. I know a lot of people who were used to be bullied but now have stable jobs and many friends yet they live in the past, obssesed with thier nullies and getting back at them. Poor pitiful things. I've already gotten my revenge; in that I can't remember a single one of thier named.
    Respect!!

I believe these grudges and anger are a burden on whoever is holding them against others, it's punishing myself for what others have done to me..
    forgiveness frees the person from that burden and help them to start to cure from their wounds..
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

6w7 > 4w3 > 1w2
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

MBTI
    xSTP

I had a couple people try and bully me. I was a crazy skinny nerd in school. Quiet, kept to myself. The verbal bullying rolled off. It really had a mix of reactions and i used it to judge the people aroind me and not myself. It helps me guide my way through life in regard to good people vs shitty people. Couple physical bully, but i responded in like kind. Not out of anger, but just like physical response. It never escalated beyond the first attempt to bully. I guess they realized it didnt emotionally affect me and it wouldnt go where they want.

There were a few things when i was in first second grade that bothered me, but it wasnt intentional bully, it was ignorant bully which can be just as bad. But i judge person as ignorant and not purposeful. For the most part 99.999% of the time i could careless and i have a natural inclination to consider what i want to do about it. The world has assholes and bullies, you cant take them all on, so unless its big enough in my opinion i ignore.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839