• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bullying

Metis

Both Doctor Asperger and Doctor Jung were bullies who served the Third Reich.

And both of them hid their involvement and reinvented tthemselves after the war. Asberger as a pediatrician, and Jung as a soul doctor.

What was Jung's involvement in the third reich?

devaf

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
This thread, started a decade ago, took me back into my own past. I was a bully and along with a group of peers we made life hell for some others, mostly involving violent attacks. The best way out, I think, is for the parents/caregivers of those being bullied to report and persist in their follow-up with the appropriate authority. In my own case, we ceased after narrowly escaping being thrown out of school after a disciplinary hearing.

I think its a fallacy to think that bullied victims can effectively fight back. There may be exceptions, but it isn't the general rule for sure.

While it may be rarely possible, a clear insight into the aggressor's psyche and history could be helpful, but one needs to really be a visionary to do that. I myself was singled out for many years for severe corporal discipline by some teachers in an earlier school and I later felt it was like a contagion that I caught.

I found transformation in yoga much later, and I respect the insight of the enneagram in symbolizing the levels of healthiness of types. I heard from a mutual friend that one guy found his life unbearable and is still trying to black out memories which give him a very bad feeling even though he is a fairly successful adult.

Mole

Permabanned
Women make the best bullies because they operate under the radar, and if you stand up to them, it only makes it worse, and they do long term psychological damage.

Do read The Hidden Culture of Aggression in Girls by Rachel Simmons.

rav3n

I've lost sight of the word 'bully', especially online. If coercion isn't involved (financial, authority such as a mod or physical power) and the two are adults, one has to give the other permission to bully them since it's too easy to sign off or push back.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Women make the best bullies because they operate under the radar, and if you stand up to them, it only makes it worse, and they do long term psychological damage.

Feminism without applied definition of feminism. :cry:

tony_goth

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
For most people, there is only one serious possibility to avoid bullying : to go somewhere else or nowhere.

If you can't put your kids in a school in which they won't be bullied (or rarely and not without disciplinary sanctions), you have to teach your kids at home.

I think schools are a scam whatsoever. (despite having a Master's degree)

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was bullied at secondary school, and occasionally in primary as well. I was insulted and treated like a freak almost everyday, and I didn't know why. I figure it was because I was an incredibly person to easy target, and I also looked really lame (my single mother only gave me second hand clothing, including a second uniform that was way oversized for me. I had glasses that were really cheap and shitty, always falling apart and had sellotape on them at one point lol. My hair was bushy and out of control. Think of harry potter and hermione granger combined. Thats what I looked like). Someone could easily make a mean comment or do something nasty to me and nothing would happen to them. They probably knew that so they didn't care. No idea what the mindset of that is, never understand being cruel to a person for no reason. Guess it's just amusing to them, or makes them feel like authority.

I still remember how that felt when I got back from school. It was this horrible, crushing feeling of hopelessness and loss of self esteem. If I saw the person who bullied me the most and caused other people to I would probably want to punch those people in the face. I was already shy and timid, had no friends when I changed school so I was often alone. For the first 2 years, I hardly went to because of bullying and generally I hated it. Who would to be called a freak, while not really getting anything out of it at the end of the day? This did affect things in the long term. I was put in lower classes later because teachers were stupid and thought i was lacking in knowledge when it was simply because I didn't attend. I believed them and didn't realise I was capable of studying in the standard classes. Now I have to do more years of college, basically how that turned out.

The bullying probably made more self conscious and perhaps is the reason why i'm so unsociable around my classmates these days. I just expect them to turn against me or have just learned not to talk to them. Must be why I'm more sociable outside any academic type of environment these days.
Who knows though, maybe it actually made me stronger and gave me a thicker skin. I did report bullying when I could, although it took a while sometimes. I never spoke to anyone about it. When I tried my family would say "are you getting beaten up everyday?" to which i answered no so they said "that's not bullying" pretty much. When I was upset in my room my mother would just shout at me and say I need to get a grip and realise reality basically.

Lark

Feminism without applied definition of feminism. :cry:

There's nothing about that I'd call feminist, I've come in for attack by people who probably thought they were being good feminists whdn they had a go at me and I can still say that's not it.

Beorn

Permabanned
For boys they should generally abide by the rule of talk shit, get hit.
As Norman McLean once said most bullies are cowards and if you get the first shot in then they'll back off and learn their lesson.
If they're not a coward, well, you're one punch ahead in the fight.
I got suspended twice in middle school for fighting bullies. It was totally worth it.
The last guy I got into a fight with in HS became one of my best friends.

A child that hits back can be doing a bully a favor. Bullies that never get hit grow up to be the worst human beings.

Of course it's also true that some kids should learn WHY they're being bullied.
Ben Shapiro is a good example. He complains that he was mercilessly bullied as a kid.
Its plain to any person why he was bullied. I don't doubt I'd be tempted to smack 14 year old Shapiro myself. But, unfortunately he never figured it out and is still an asshole.

When it comes to girls I have know idea what they should do.

Mole

Permabanned
For boys they should generally abide by the rule of talk shit, get hit. As Norman McLean once said most bullies are cowards and if you get the first shot in then they'll back off and learn their lesson. If they're not a coward, well, you're one punch ahead in the fight. I got suspended twice in middle school for fighting bullies. It was totally worth it. The last guy I got into a fight with in HS became one of my best friends. A child that hits back can be doing a bully a favor. Bullies that never get hit grow up to be the worst human beings. Of course it's also true that some kids should learn WHY they're being bullied. Ben Shapiro is a good example. He complains that he was mercilessly bullied as a kid. Its plain to any person why he was bullied. I don't doubt I'd be tempted to smack 14 year old Shapiro myself. But, unfortunately he never figured it out and is still an asshole. When it comes to girls I have know idea what they should do.

Sure, it works if boys stand up to bullies, but if girls stand up to bullies, it only makes it worse. Click on https://www.michigandistrict.org/sites/default/files/pdf/education/management/safety/OddGirlOut.pdf

Lark

Sure, it works if boys stand up to bullies, but if girls stand up to bullies, it only makes it worse. Click on https://www.michigandistrict.org/sites/default/files/pdf/education/management/safety/OddGirlOut.pdf

Well, that is of course what they would like women and girls to believe and its what they keep telling them, dont you think that's interesting?

It is like a lot of the discourse about victims, even that which isnt accusatory directly all seems to be saying "why did you let yourself become a victim?", its mainly females who're targeted but I think there are probably as many male victims, or there will be if the offending class decide its easier to target men instead. Call me cynical. I hope I'm not saying "called it" years from now if or when it starts trending.

Mole

Permabanned
Group bullying is favoured by those who have failed to individuate.

And there is only one Civilisation in which individuation is the highest value. It is a Civilisation based on the phonetic alphabet, leading to the literate individual, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and liberal democracy.

To which Civilisation do you belong? Is individuation your highest value?

Lark

Group bullying is favoured by those who have failed to individuate.

And there is only one Civilisation in which individuation is the highest value. It is a Civilisation based on the phonetic alphabet, leading to the literate individual, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and liberal democracy.

To which Civilisation do you belong? Is individuation your highest value?

Where did you read that?

Mole

Permabanned
Some civilizations are not based on the meaningless phonetic alphabet like ours, but are based on the meaningful ideogrammatic alphabet like the Chinese. And some cultures are entirely spoken with no alphabet at all.

The phonetic alphabet has given us individuality, while the ideogrammatic alphabet gives us the group, while spoken cultures give us the tribe.

And so it is only phonetic Civilisation that is concerned with the bullying of individuals.

Lark

Some civilizations are not based on the meaningless phonetic alphabet like ours, but are based on the meaningful ideogrammatic alphabet like the Chinese. And some cultures are entirely spoken with no alphabet at all.

The phonetic alphabet has given us individuality, while the ideogrammatic alphabet gives us the group, while spoken cultures give us the tribe.

And so it is only phonetic Civilisation that is concerned with the bullying of individuals.

I know you'll not tell me where you read this.

Since you wont tell me in any of the other threads you've posted in where you've read the stuff you posted there.

However, no language has given anyone individuality.

Language is actually one of the proofs against individuality. If this were not so then you could easily give me a couple of examples of a private language.

Lark

What makes you think it came from a book?

Because Mole did a citation of a book in one of his earlier posts about MBTI being a cult and a business.

I do think that most of the posts are derivative from another source and I am interested to know which ones.

What are your thoughts? You dont believe they are from books or other secondary sources?

Magnus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sure, it works if boys stand up to bullies, but if girls stand up to bullies, it only makes it worse. Click on Page not found - Michigan District, LCMS - Michigan District, LCMS

Well, that is of course what they would like women and girls to believe and its what they keep telling them, dont you think that's interesting?

It is like a lot of the discourse about victims, even that which isnt accusatory directly all seems to be saying "why did you let yourself become a victim?", its mainly females who're targeted but I think there are probably as many male victims, or there will be if the offending class decide its easier to target men instead. Call me cynical. I hope I'm not saying "called it" years from now if or when it starts trending.
I've wondered why this would be. I recognize that men and women are usually compelled to resolve conflicts in different ways. A man's natural inclination in a great many cases is to include physical force on the table as an option. Not necessarily to use it; just keep it on the table as a possibility.

I have to wonder how the mean girls might adjust their behavior if they have reasonable cause to believe that they'll get their heads pounded into a school's cafeteria table if they talk shit to the wrong person.

I wouldn't be the first person to compare public schools to prisons. The similarities really are vast. And one of them is that both prison guards and school administrators generally don't get involved with rivalries. Until or unless those problems become their problems, they're mostly content to allow conflicts to fester. In today's world, children are frequently placed in no-win situations where some ass wipe school administrator has installed a No Tolerance policy (meaning, "We don't want to be bothered investigating who's really at fault when conflicts inevitably arise") so the child can't defend themselves and they also cannot report their problems to proper authorities because said authorities really don't give a shit.

The best a lot of kids can expect is for some green-haired feminist cat lady to badly attempt some inane "conflict resolution" where the two sides talk through differences, they affirm both sides and do other flowerly bullshit that probably doesn't even work in the cringey GOT slashfic these harpies write after-hours. Lacking any meaningful alternative, I can see where children might suffer severe damage and might possibly turn violent.

On paper, teachers and principals are there to help and protect students. Problems should be taken to them. At least in theory. But in actual practice, it's like everything else. This retarded "If you see something, say something" policy works great... until it's time for the authorities to get off their asses and do something. And then it fails utterly because they can't be bothered getting involved.

Teachers, principals and public school as we know them are all failures by any sane definition. It's time to try something new with educating children.