• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The way my odd mind works? What do you make of this?

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hi, thanks to anyone who shows interest. I feel my mind works in an odd way and lately I have been curious as to what people think of it and how it compares to others.

Ever since I was a child I would escape into a fantasy world, sometimes of my own creation and sometimes I may take an existing world and play around with it. Kind of embarrassingly, I still do this as an adult. It all plays out like a vivid movie in my mind, I am very visual or I have a habit of just spacing out. I can be focused on the outside world and take in the details but I have trouble staying present and I can feel a pull to go back into my mind. I will have to kind of refocus myself to the outside world, snap myself out of it to focus. As I have gotten older, in addition to the fantasy worlds I have used this internal activity to imagine painful scenarios, fantasies of success or imagining future interactions with people I know. Again it all plays out like a vivid movie in my mind.

Also when it comes to doing hands on work, I enjoy it but I am not so good at it. When I encounter familiar problems in the outside world I tend to go with what has worked with me in the past, but a lot of my jobs have been pretty routine and if something new did come up I kind of don't care.

Also when it comes to creative work, I would say I don't have a thought process. I have a general idea, when writing I will create an outline, but I really don't know what is going to come. If I had to describe my thought process, I would say stuff just comes to me out of the darkness. Like when telling jokes, if I am allowed to just keep talking and run wild, I have no idea what I will say next and I will create characters in the spur of the moment, ask weird questions, (like wouldn't it be weird if the way to kill a demon would be just to punch it, wouldn't be ironic that something like that could just be killed so easily, like the thing could be punched by a three year old and be defeated). I will make links to subjects that in my mind make sense, but to other people it doesn't. People have asked me where I come up with this stuff and I just think/say it comes to me out of the darkness. I have no idea what is coming. When I do see the outside world I do at times see deeper meanings or relationships or compare them to something else unrelated, or it may trigger a memory, but with people I will pay attention to their clothes choices, word choices, behavior and look for the meaning behind those to try and figure them out and or compare them to people I have encountered before to try and guage who they are just by observation. I do this at time with buildings as well and as a marketing student I am intrigued by the effects aesthetics/visuals can have on a person. Again thanks to anyone who shows interest, take care. :bye:

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Turns out some way the mind plays things too. For a good visualizer it is a good thing. But it is more in the fact that the existence of the physical world makes things, as its name, physical. Depending on whatever is going "wild" in your mind, it does have impact on one living in the physical world. I think it might relate on how much we "connect,", as in like knowing it and being able to touch the world in hands, or knowing for the least what is there.

From my own personal experience, though, if the imagination is off reality, or really unrelated to it, flung off by edges, that world actually cuts you off from the rest of the things and pleasure that the real world offers. Then only by then, the imaginative world turns out to be a problem. If not, then its ok, and interestingly, the imagination will be much closer to the flow of the real world, of how things should go, or will go, rather than things that are totally not true, as well as some knowing of what will or will not play out. Well, having imaginations too far from reality makes me feel sad too.

I don't know how much I can help on this tho. Have fun.