• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How does that make you feel?

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Imagine:
Your mother has always been shall we say, voluptuous, with fair skin and an aquiline nose. She was your mother growing up and became your friend in adulthood. You moved away from home quite a long time ago, so she keeps you informed about you father, brother and sisters. She tells you that none of them are doing very well, and that the entire family is poor. She tells you that your sister can’t find a job and that she lives off your parents, who are barely able to keep food on the table. Your other sister has no skills to speak of so she got married and had kids. Your brother is a high functioning autistic person.

Because of what you were told, you believe that perhaps you are the smartest and most talented person in your family, and are the one they will all come to depend on at different times. You work hard, but know you’ll never be able to support anyone but yourself. Then, you get sick from working so hard and become unable to function. Of course, that could be a response to the whole situation - if you’re sick, you’re off the hook. You may not know this consciously, and that may not be the entire reason for your illness, but you are ill nonetheless. This illness starts almost three decades into your life and you lose your fourth decade completely to it. Then you find some medication which takes you out of the darkeness of your illness and somehow you find some light. Soon afterwards however, you find out that your mother was lying to you about herself and your entire family. She isn’t voluptuous. Her nose is not aquiline - it was all a disqguise. Your sister isn’t living off your parents because she cant find a job. Your sister has many jobs, mostly those of Hollywood actress and rock star. She’s a millionaire and so are your parents. Your brother isn’t autistic, he’s just plain brilliant. And your sister who got married and had kids is an artist and craftsperson. You realize that you never were the smartest or most talented, in fact just the opposite.

You find out that all of them have been following you, literally following you, since you left home. They went on the camping trip with you and your boyfriend - of course they stayed out of sight but they were there. Your mother worked as the art director in one of the first “real” jobs you ever had. But you didn't recognize her because she was in disguise. Your cousins worked there too, but you didn’t know that either. They followed you across the country when you moved there with your boyfriend, and they followed you back to the state where you first met him - always there, but in disguise. You parents knew about every sexual movement you ever made and even watched films of you having sex that your cousins, who you thought were random people, made of you. Yes, you slept with your cousin because once again, you didn’t know. How does that make you feel?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
:huh:

Is this about you or a close relative or something? I'm confused.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All of this makes me feel excruciatingly bored. Next.

Tengri

As if life is a shadow play and all the people you encounter are actors - reflections really of the most important people from your childhood - all engaged in an elaborate ritual centered around YOU. As if my eyes and brain have been hacked, or I'm starring on a (sur)Reality TV show, or the border between my dreams and reality have been glazed over, the distinction blurred completely.

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Then you find some medication which takes you out of the darkness of your illness and somehow you find some light. Soon afterwards however, you find out that your mother was lying to you about herself and your entire family. She isn’t voluptuous. Her nose is not aquiline - it was all a disguise.

Dammit! There goes my chances of banging a voluptuous milf.

You parents knew about every sexual movement you ever made and even watched films of you having sex that your cousins, who you thought were random people, made of you. Yes, you slept with your cousin because once again, you didn’t know. How does that make you feel?

Depends how hot the cousins were. Either embarrassed or elated.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
:huh:

Is this about you or a close relative or something? I'm confused.

Yep, just wondering how you'd feel. There are people on this forum who think my derealization reaction was a bit much.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
As if life is a shadow play and all the people you encounter are actors - reflections really of the most important people from your childhood - all engaged in an elaborate ritual centered around YOU. As if my eyes and brain have been hacked, or I'm starring on a (sur)Reality TV show, or the border between my dreams and reality have been glazed over, the distinction blurred completely.

Sounds like Satan got involved in the voiceover.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends how hot the cousins were. Either embarrassed or elated.

Not embarrassed. Not elated. Disgusted is the word I'd use, Darrel.

- - - Updated - - -

All of this makes me feel excruciatingly bored. Next.

Don't read if the feeling of boredom is overwhelming for you.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Someone in your immediate family, probably your brother, but you're not sure because NOBODY TOLD YOU, had a sex change. You're alright with that, but you're not alright with people constantly keeping important information from you. Your grandfather was Hugh Hefner. Your sisters all posed in Playboy. They did this willingly, knowingly and probably happily. You find out they put nude pictures of you in Playboy. WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT. People who were supposed to have died are still alive. FAKED THEIR OWN DEATHS.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't read if the feeling of boredom is overwhelming for you.

Thank you for your permission, I wouldn't have though of that if you hadn't told me...!

Don't quote me if you don't want my participation in this forum.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Thank you for your permission, I wouldn't have though of that if you hadn't told me...!

Don't quote me if you don't want my participation in this forum.

You're welcome. I don't care if you participate in this forum, my threads or posts. I have no problem at all with that.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're welcome. I don't care if you participate in this forum, my threads or posts. I have no problem at all with that.

OK then I shall :)

Is this all putative or do you have a problem and you want feedback but are being defensive? I piss on the first and I'm totally there for you if number 2.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Your SO of 40 years has been lying to you. He's in on everything with your stupid family. He supposedly had cancer, and told you he was in the hospital getting treatments (in another state) but really, he was at the family cottage, at a family reunion, fucking his old GF. He has a son with her, all grown up - You don't even know who he is. He wants to marry you, but you know he doesn't love you. In fact, he might still be married to HER. You fucking hate HER.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Is this the Kardashian version of the Truman show? If so, can I be Scott?

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Is this the Kardashian version of the Truman show? If so, can I be Scott?

No, just my "real" life. Actually, I'm writing a novel and want input as to how people might react to some things. Some of it is my real life, other things not so much.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Brainstorming ideas, getting input, writing, yeah, writing.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it would make me feel like i was a part of a far-fetched work of fiction.

i would choose my own adventure and go rogue.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, writing a novel is usually a combination of "real life" and imagination. How else could an author write a novel if some of it wasn't in their life experience.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i prefer fiction to not contain shocking twists or situations.

how would you feel if you were a woman who felt close to your family, but also held back by their expectations. how would you balance your need for love and support through a relationship with your family members with your desire for unfettered self-realization potential? how would you choose to invest in other, less founded relationships in order to gain a different kind of support? how much would you actively make changes to your life to facilitate the kind of growth you seek, and how much would you allow yourself to naturally grow in the direction you're intended for?

^ that's my favorite kind of conundrum to read about, because none of it is !!!!! and also all of it is wholly human and universal.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Your SO of 40 years has been lying to you. He's in on everything with your stupid family. He supposedly had cancer, and told you he was in the hospital getting treatments (in another state) but really, he was at the family cottage, at a family reunion, fucking his old GF. He has a son with her, all grown up - You don't even know who he is. He wants to marry you, but you know he doesn't love you. In fact, he might still be married to HER. You fucking hate HER.

At this point, I have no idea what you're doing posting on this forum and why you aren't seeking professional help. Of course, if you say your family knows every doctor and can influence their dx through mind control, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe wrap yourself in foil and start writing a conspiracy theory blog.