• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many of you don't have problems with nightmares?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
How many of you have problems with nightmares?

When people say that they have nightmeres I find it quite strange.
The reason for that is that I don't have nightmares at all.

Also I will expand the question to: About what do you have nightmares?

I know that I am asking quite personal question but if someone wants to share, thread is here.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I get nightmares when I'm in emotional turmoil or when I'm stressed. Only under those circumstances.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I find that when my dreams take a bad turn, I am semi-lucid. For instance, there could be killer cop after my but I don't take it too seriously.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Its funny you mention that, I have terrible nightmares. I dream quite vividly anyways, to the point I'll need to take a moment to realize where I am and such. My good dreams are so nice that I feel like I'm there, but unfortunately it's the same with nightmares. My mind will play tricks on itself too.. one time I dreamt I was stung by a wasp, and woke up with that part of my body feeling poked and uncomfortable for a good hour because my mind thought it hurt there.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I have bug nightmares every now and then, usually when I fall asleep knowing there are bugs nearby.

redacted

i have maybe 2-3 dreams a year that have any sort of significant negative effect on me. even those don't affect me much.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have nightmares quite often. But I kind of enjoy it :) Mine are mostly about stressful situations, like being hunted in various ways. I usually win or wake up, though, so it is not that bad.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I haven't had too many nightmares in the last 5 years or so (struggling to think of any), but when I was a kid I was plagued by them. Usually, it wasn't the content of the nightmare that was scary, although the content could be disturbing. It was more the feeling that accompanied them: that something was really really wrong. That feeling juxtaposed with the non-scary content in such a way as to make the whole all the more foreboding.

My tentative theory is that my family's grandfather clock played a major role in my nightmares. That fucker had a helluva scary chime, with which it sounded every hour. I suspect that such chimes were often the point at which my dreams took a scary turn. Eg: at a pub with friends, playing darts (yes, this was a dream I had as a kid). We all leave to go home. Pushing a shopping trolley with a friend in it down the road. Suddenly I notice there is a full moon. Suddenly I realize I'm walking down a narrow road through the forest at night. Cue faint wolf-howl.

Other nightmares I remember:

a conveyor-belt with happy, gurgling babies on it, going through the sort of scanner you have at airports. When they came out the other end, one by one, they were screaming with their mouths bloody and teeth lying in shattered pieces around them. The conveyor belt was infinitely long.

my neighbourhood turned into a giant collection of unpopulated circus-tents with carnival music in the background.

my neighbourhood empty and overgrown with weeds. Me wandering around looking for anybody at all.

me waking up with my mum sitting on the end of my bed looking at me. I start to tell her about the nightmare I had, then realize it isn't my mum at all and that there is no weight on the bed where she's sitting.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I rarely remember my dreams and most of them are benignly weird rather than scary. I have had a few nightmares, but not so many that I would call them a problem.

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
I have quite frequent nightmares, but luckily they don't bother me too much after about a day or so :) mine tend to involve trying to escape from somewhere/one/thing, but wherever I hide they find me. Often I am with a big group of people who don't realise they are in danger and I'm trying to make sure they are safe before I can hide. Massive, shadowy monsters that I can't quite see but I can almost feel it breathing on my neck feature a lot, too xD

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'll get them on occasion but not very often. My dreaming isn't typically very vivid, but like I said, on occasion I'll get something that's pretty intense. Nightmares don't bother me really (because all is fine when I awake). I almost enjoy them, for they fascinate me. It's interesting to me how it can hit an emotion, a looming fear or something indescribable that you don't experience in your waking life.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I'll get them on occasion but not very often. My dreaming isn't typically very vivid, but like I said, on occasion I'll get something that's pretty intense. Nightmares don't bother me really (because all is fine when I awake). I almost enjoy them, for they fascinate me. It's interesting to me how it can hit an emotion, a looming fear or something indescribable that you don't experience in your waking life.

Great point! I get them pretty frequently, not death or torture but escaping. I actually do kinda enjoy that feeling. The fear morphs into suspense for me now that i'm used to it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I ask because when I listen to other people I get impression that somthing is missing inside me.

So I am trying this approach in trying to determine: Why?

I have two theorys
1. High T
2. The fact that I had nighmares until I was 6. Then I started playing violent video games and the problem was gone just like that.Since then I don't have a problem too such a degree that I am starting to wonder that I acually have a problem it is just a other extreme.

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
I ask because when I listen to other people I get impression that somthing is missing inside me.

So I am trying this approach in trying to determine: Why?

I have two theorys
1. High T
2. The fact that I had nighmares until I was 6. Then I started playing violent video games and the problem was gone just like that.Since then I don't have a problem too such a degree that I am starting to wonder that I acually have a problem it is just a other extreme.

Maybe you do have nightmares like pretty much everyone else with the same kind of themes/plots, but they just don't seem like nightmares to you?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My husband has nightmares relatively frequently and it seems as though they are very complex and vivid. Probably goes along with his wonderful imagination. I envy the imagination, but not the nightmares.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
My husband has nightmares relatively frequently and it seems as though they are very complex and vivid. Probably goes along with his wonderful imagination. I envy the imagination, but not the nightmares.

Yeah, I think nightmares and imagination are pretty closely linked. I've never met an unimaginative person who has a lot of nightmares.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Maybe you do have nightmares like pretty much everyone else with the same kind of themes/plots, but they just don't seem like nightmares to you?

That is why I asked about what people have nightmares.
Yes, I had some very "dark" dreams and I loved them but with years I have lost even that.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yeah, I think nightmares and imagination are pretty closely linked. I've never met an unimaginative person who has a lot of nightmares.

I will be arrogant and say that you have just found the first one.

But if I take a look at the big picture I think that you are totally right.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
What I find interesting is that it look like that NFPs have more problem with this then others.
But from what I know from the real life, NPs are most likely to have problems with this.