• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many of you don't have problems with nightmares?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I haven't had a nightmare in months. And as years go by I have less and less too.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Very interesting since you are very strong in I and T just like me.

I also don't have dreams at all, as far as I can tell.
The "professionals" say that everyone dreams,
and that if you didn't dream, you would become psychotic,
that is, lose touch with reality.

It's most likely that people who say they don't dream just don't remember their dreams.
I don't remember most of my dreams either.
Every now and then, I have one that's significant.
If I wake up right after, I will remember it.
If thoughts of it continue to "haunt" me, I will look up the meaning of it
to see what I'm supposed to learn from it.

Usually my dreams are just a reflection of how I am feeling at that time in my life.
Sometimes they can be prophetic, but rarely.

Here's my favorite dream interpretation book.
It's my favorite because of its accuracy.
10,000 Dreams Interpreted

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
The easiest way to dream is to drastically oversleep. 14 hours minimum. I once slept for a whole weekend (with maybe 2 hours break for food and toilet) and I had some insane dreams. The "snooze" button is also great for dreaming. Sleep for 10 or 12 hours and then start snoozing and you'll have a variety of dreams. Some of them are bound to be bad, though they may not be nightmares.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The "professionals" say that everyone dreams,
and that if you didn't dream, you would become psychotic,
that is, lose touch with reality.

It's most likely that people who say they don't dream just don't remember their dreams.
I don't remember most of my dreams either.
Every now and then, I have one that's significant.
If I wake up right after, I will remember it.
If thoughts of it continue to "haunt" me, I will look up the meaning of it
to see what I'm supposed to learn from it.

Usually my dreams are just a reflection of how I am feeling at that time in my life.
Sometimes they can be prophetic, but rarely.

Here's my favorite dream interpretation book.
It's my favorite because of its accuracy.
10,000 Dreams Interpreted

I know that. It is just that I don't remember anything so I don't have any personal proof that I have dreams.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The easiest way to dream is to drastically oversleep. 14 hours minimum. I once slept for a whole weekend (with maybe 2 hours break for food and toilet) and I had some insane dreams. The "snooze" button is also great for dreaming. Sleep for 10 or 12 hours and then start snoozing and you'll have a variety of dreams. Some of them are bound to be bad, though they may not be nightmares.

Please be honest with me. How do you do something like that?
I can't sleep longer then 7 hours no matter what.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Seven hours is a good amount of time.
Why do you want to sleep more than that?
I've heard of people who only need 4 hours a night!
I need 9!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I need 9!

*pokes signature*

I need twenty.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
So you're saying you're always tired?
Do you have
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

Not really.

Part of it's a joke, but I do fall asleep at strange times, in strange places, particularly when I don't get enough sleep. For some reason the time of day I sleep is more important than how much I sleep. I am much more tired if I go to bed early and wake up early than if I go to bed late and wake up late, even if technically I got the same amount of sleep both times. The only problem is that my prime sleeping hours are hours where people should be awake (at least, according to society, but what the hell do they know?), so yes, I am always tired.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Not really.

Part of it's a joke, but I do fall asleep at strange times, in strange places, particularly when I don't get enough sleep. For some reason the time of day I sleep is more important than how much I sleep. I am much more tired if I go to bed early and wake up early than if I go to bed late and wake up late, even if technically I got the same amount of sleep both times. The only problem is that my prime sleeping hours are hours where people should be awake (at least, according to society, but what the hell do they know?), so yes, I am always tired.
I once heard that one hour of sleep before midnight is equal to two hours of sleep after midnight,
but you could be someone for whom that does not hold true.
It does for me, though.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I need 9!

I've just asked "How is it possibe to sleep that much'" because I know plenty of people who can sleep like that. There is no way that my goal is to sleep that much. Sleeping is a waste of time.

I ask exactly because I can't sleep longer then 7 hours and 4 hours can be enough for me. Yes, we do exist.:D
This night I have sleept only for five and half hours and I feel just fine.

As I've said it before, 7 hours is just upper border, not standard .

Form what I have experienced people treat this like supernatural power.
Why they do that, I don't know.
I also don't know how it is possible but it works for me.
Form what I have experienced the more you sleep the more tired you will be.
But if I have to guess why am I like this I would say that the way of life and how I use my brainy are the reasons why this works for me.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you microsleep? (Throughout the day, do you have one or two times where you suddenly get an overwhelming urge to close your eyes- if you are persistant, it could go away in 3-10 minutes.)

There was about a year-long time in my life when I slept probably about 5 hours a night, but fell into microsleep quite often (the brain falls asleep for 3-14 secs, "spacing out", so to speak).

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Do you microsleep? (Throughout the day, do you have one or two times where you suddenly get an overwhelming urge to close your eyes- if you are persistant, it could go away in 3-10 minutes.)

There was about a year-long time in my life when I slept probably about 5 hours a night, but fell into microsleep quite often (the brain falls asleep for 3-14 secs, "spacing out", so to speak).

I have to disappoint you. The answer is no.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't remember my dreams, so I don't remember if I actually have many nightmares either.

I did have one [a nightmare] a few weeks ago, but for the life of me now I can't remember what it was. If I recall it, I'll post it.

My sleep habits still stink. I often only get 4-6 hours a night. I've tried to sleep more and more often I will now squeeze out 5-7, maybe even eight hours (usually on weekends) but it doesn't seem to do much. I have had increasing periods where I zone or get the "microsleep" thing where I just can't stay awake. I've been on the couch before and been in a semi-snooze for about 30-45 minutes before I come out of it. That used to be rare for me. Now I want to sleep more.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP

Yeah, it isn't easy. The 11 hour mark is a particularly tough one to get past. That's usually where the quitters will get up and have a coffee, or maybe surf the news headlines. The truly committed, however, roll over and nod the fuck off. After ~13-14 hours of sleep you stop feeling rested and start feeling tired again, so it becomes easier. And the dreams become extremely lucid.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yeah, it isn't easy. The 11 hour mark is a particularly tough one to get past. That's usually where the quitters will get up and have a coffee, or maybe surf the news headlines. The truly committed, however, roll over and nod the fuck off. After ~13-14 hours of sleep you stop feeling rested and start feeling tired again, so it becomes easier. And the dreams become extremely lucid.

Sorry, there is no way that I can do something like that.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I once heard that one hour of sleep before midnight is equal to two hours of sleep after midnight,
but you could be someone for whom that does not hold true.
It does for me, though.

I must be the opposite. I cannot sleep at 'normal times.' Either my sleep must come after 2 and end at 9 or 10, or I fall asleep at 7 PM and wake up at 3 AM (this generally does not happen unless I'm sick, though.) If I fall asleep at 'normal' hours I will need at least nine or ten hours to be rested...

This happens to me all the time. I even get hypnic twitches and dreams when it does.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
I have recurring nightmares (or just disturbing/annoying dreams) about being back in the military, back in military school, or back in the gulf war. I have them about once a week or more. Prior to the war, I had dreams about being back in military school. That place seems to have had a profound effect on my psyche.

wolfy

awsm
I often have a nightmare of having killed someone and am being chased down by the police. I'm the anti hero in my dreams. The persecuted one chased down for a crime of self defense.