User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Cool

It's very rare that I don't have at least one nightmare a night. Very often i'll wake up just feeling bad and not really remember the dream, but other times I do remember the nightmare.

For some reason it usually involves a giant wave. I've probably had 100+ dreams that have involved a giant killer wave of some sort.

My dreams are also very fractured and bizarre. Maybe symbolic, but I don't really "get" them if they are.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I only have nightmares when I'm running a fever. Most of my dreams are adventures worthy of Indiana Jones...minus the snakes
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INTP

I haven't had a nightmare in quite awhile, but one thing is for sure: they always involve false waking (which is really the nightmare part for me). It can happen upwards of three times in one scenario.
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

MBTI
    infp

I havn't had a nightmare since I was 14 or so, and even when I was younger I never had many.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I don't usually have nightmares, but I always end up having to kill something. I occaisionally get night terrors even thoug I'm 16. It's why I don't sleep on my back. Most of my dreams are about supressed romantic passions. It's torture for me to see so many pretty chicks going arround and knowing that I can't do anything because I am too wierd. *Resists impulse to strangle passionately kissing couple*.

MBTI
    INFP

Lucky you to not have nightmares!

I usually say I have nightmares in reference to the hypnagogic hallucinations I have sometimes when I'm falling asleep. This usually occurs when I'm badly sleep deprived and stressed. They're often visual hallucinations, sometimes auditory and tactile, and accompanied by a feeling of terror. I often have visuals that keep heading towards scary things, that I cannot mentally control or change, things like facial disfigurement, weird entities, gore, etc. as well my body is paralyzed as if it's fallen asleep before my mind has. Once in a while it feels like my soul is being sucked out of my body. Those last some minutes, and I dunno if their technically nightmares, but they're definitely the scariest experiences I get.

Sometimes I have dreams that are unpleasant, (dreams as in not the period when I'm falling asleep) but there's not that same feeling of fear. Such as if I'm having a dream where I'm killing people or I'm caught in a natural disaster or some nasty place--I may feel some discomfort, but I am not filled with the same degree of terror, mostly just discomfort.

I think it's partially due to having terrible sleep hygeine. If I have school or work I will guaranteed not have enough sleep-- average 3-5 hours. If I don't have to wake up early, I often sleep a lot later, varying from 2-7 a.m. in the morning and wake up usually in the early afternoon.

There are periods where I have lots of normal pleasant dreams too though. I think it's all relative to the amount of stress and sleep I'm getting at the time.

MBTI
    INTP

I loooooooooooooooove nightmares.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Like placebo, I occasionally see frightening hypnagogic images as I'm falling to sleep. The worst one was a skull hovering in the air and chomping its jaws. I almost never have nightmares, though. Thank goodness.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I had nightmares when I was young. (Saw the movie Critters when I was 6 years old, that's pretty much asking for it. :P )

I haven't had any for many years now though. I've had many extremely good (not the wet kind) of dreams though.

One in particular, I was staying in another country with some classmates on the same room and I was laughning early in the morning (out loud) when they realized I was laughning in my sleep they woke me up and I woke up with like the biggest ever smile on my face with no memory whatsoever why I was laughning. I was like "What the!".
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm often hunted in my dreams, someone or something is trying to kill me/eat me. I play a lot of Left 4 Dead though, so I suppose it's self inflicted.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)