User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INXP

I very rarely have nightmares. Perhaps a couple a year.

They have their own distinct feel. Their own atmosphere. It isn't describable. But I can wake myself up before anything actually happens.

+1 to the semi-lucid. If I'm feeling brave, then I can take it on, because I know it's just a dream.

I used to get a lot of nightmares as a child. Basically gruesome faces.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    ISTP

I don't dream as far as I can tell....hence, no nightmares.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I rarely have bad dreams. If my life is interesting atm, they're boring, and vice versa.

I just had a nap dream which wasn't a nightmare, just really depressing. Was staying with some family I don't even know, and we stayed in an awful bed & breakfast which was just a crappy old house. I'd have killed a puppy for a Holiday Inn. And for some silly reason we went to a nightclub to see stand-up comedy. They were practically closing the place down, and there were six people sitting on a bench--The entire audience. Two comics were arguing over who would get to do their act.

MBTI
    ENTP

I used to have one particular recurring nightmare from the age of about 9 to 26, then it just stopped *touch wood*. The particulars would change, but the basic theme was always the same.

I haven't had one for a long time, but I haven't dreamed much at all that I remember for quite a while. Most probably because I don't sleep long enough in one go very often to get to REM sleep... which might explain why I'm a little whacko

But if I do dream, it's usually an awesome adventure AND I can sorta control it as I dream it, too. I'm always aware that I'm dreaming, in my dreams, and they're extremely vivid.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I more frequently had nightmares in high school, but pretty much every 2 weeks or so I dream that something is after me, whether it's the Klan, Hitler, a ghost or someone without a face and I always wake up just as they catch me. I used to dream that I was falling, always backwards so that I couldn't see where I was falling, when I was getting courted by a variety of Universities doesn't make sense to have recurring nightmares of falling when most successful!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

hmm last nightmare I had was. I was taking a test and it was open book but I could not think. So I was doing really bad on the test and everyone was breezing through it except me. Then in the middle of the dream I decided to change clothes so I was in the middle of class naked, yet being naked didn't bother me. Before that was months ago where my brother's fiance died in a car wreck. But when i was younger (under 14) I had nightmares every night, to the point of I was afraid to sleep. But now not so much.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    But if I do dream, it's usually an awesome adventure AND I can sorta control it as I dream it, too. I'm always aware that I'm dreaming, in my dreams, and they're extremely vivid.
    That is so cool. I'm jealous.

I hardly ever have nightmares (once to three times a year?), but I've had recurring nightmares around the theme of mirrors since I was about five years old. When I was a little kid, I was terrified of looking into the mirror when it was dark out because I thought my image was a separate being, or something... like my evil twin? I don't know. Usually these dreams connect to the idea of losing my mind. It gets creepy.

But then again, for every nightmare I have like that (probably loaded with psychology), I have one when I get chased by a wolf. Ah well.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial_one
    How many of you have problems with nightmares?

When people say that they have nightmeres I find it quite strange.
    The reason for that is that I don't have nightmares at all.
    Well, I think the number of dreams (and by extension, nightmares) you'll remember has much to do with how you sleep and how you act when you awaken and when you awaken (during REM or during nREM). Everyone (who isn't knocking themselves out completely on sleep meds) has several dreams a night, but I believe the ones you remember are the (REM) ones you awaken in- sometimes full stop awakening in the morning, or a heavy roll in the night.

Also, you might not be a person who ordinarily pays a lot of attention to your dreams. Even taking 3 minutes in the morning when you wake to quickly consolidate and jot down one or two words can greatly improve dream memory, if you're interested. Or, like someone previously said, you're not easily frightened by dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones
    My tentative theory is that my family's grandfather clock played a major role in my nightmares. That fucker had a helluva scary chime, with which it sounded every hour. I suspect that such chimes were often the point at which my dreams took a scary turn.
    That's scary. Your hearing is supposed to work perfectly fine during sleep, right?

When I do get nightmares, it's of being chased usually. And hiding. Very, very silently trying not ot even breathe even though I've run and my lungs are bursting. These aren't usually disturbing once I've awakened though. The distubing "nightmares" are really more "what ifs" based on my real-life disappointments and anxieties- pretty revealing of what my mind's been worrying about.

I usually am quite awake once I'm awake and don't remember dreams at all, but sometimes when I'm in that half-awake, half-dreaming thing where you close your eyes and you're in and out of the dream for snatches of 3-5 minutes or so- that feeling of sinking and being pulled in both directions- and of not having full control can be quite terrifying on its own regardless of dream content.

And sometimes you just got those uber-bizarre dreams that are kind of creepy when you think about them. (Masochistic kicking game in a carpet-rental store.)

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    I don't dream as far as I can tell....hence, no nightmares.
    Very interesting since you are very strong in I and T just like me.

I also don't have dreams at all, as far as I can tell.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    That is so cool. I'm jealous.

I hardly ever have nightmares (once to three times a year?), but I've had recurring nightmares around the theme of mirrors since I was about five years old. When I was a little kid, I was terrified of looking into the mirror when it was dark out because I thought my image was a separate being, or something... like my evil twin? I don't know. Usually these dreams connect to the idea of losing my mind. It gets creepy.
    No, wait - THAT is awesome!! I mean, in the same way I thought a thriller movie was awesome cos it scared the living shit outta me and had me on pins and needles for days lol
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen