User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    How many of you have problems with nightmares?

When people say that they have nightmeres I find it quite strange.
    The reason for that is that I don't have nightmares at all.

Also I will expand the question to: About what do you have nightmares?

I know that I am asking quite personal question but if someone wants to share, thread is here.
    If a nightmare is defined as a dream that scares me rather than just a run of the mill bad dream,
    I have not had one in many years.
    I used to have them a lot when I was a child, and also when I was older,
    before I did a lot of emotional healing.

Sometimes when I'm stressed out, I dream about tornadoes or getting shot,
    but I'm not actually afraid in my dream.

The last nightmare I remember was that my mother wanted to kill me.
    I used to frequently dream of falling. That was scary, too.

I never have nice dreams, don't know if they could be called nightmares but they're definitely not pleasant.

The usual format of my dreams is I'm at my old high school, oddly it never bares any resemblance to the actual school building. I'm searching for my unrequited crush/brief girlfriend but can't find her or I see her briefly rounding a corner in the hall. Eventually I get the feeling that I'm not supposed to be there and I'm afraid of getting caught by the principal. (After I dropped out of school in junior year I went back a few times to see my friends but I didn't have a guest pass and the principal caught me. I didn't get in trouble, he just told me to leave but I felt mortal fear.) The fear of being caught grows, I see the principal and run way eventually I'm frightened awake.

I don't dream very often but most of the time it's a variation of that basic plot. Every frickin time.

Then there are the dreams that are almost a sex dream but I always get cockblocked. Those suck.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I don't have nightmares. I have dreams that could be nightmares because they are sometimes quite disturbing stuff, but I don't think they are nightmares because I'm not scared in them.

The last real nightmare I had was when I had really high fewer as a child.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm relatively dreamless until I know something very stressful is coming up, and then all of the sudden nightmares come in rapid-fire succession, two or three a night.

The feeling wears off after about fifteen minutes, but still. It's ridiculous.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I have nightmares every now and then. Mostly, I dream that I die or am about to die, or that a close friend dies.

As a kid, I dreamt that I was being chased. Every single night. For years. I was actually scared of going to sleep. The nightmares stopped one night when I found a horse from a movie I had seen that day, and fled. Best night of my life.

Occasionally, when under great emotional stress, my dreams involve massive amounts of jealousy.

I haven't had a nightmare or a bad dream since I was a young child. I love my dreams.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    How many of you have problems with nightmares?

When people say that they have nightmeres I find it quite strange.
    The reason for that is that I don't have nightmares at all.

Also I will expand the question to: About what do you have nightmares?

I know that I am asking quite personal question but if someone wants to share, thread is here.
    I rarely ever have nightmares either. Though when I do, I find the frightening aspect is always something to do with a phenomena of nature chasing me while I'm unable to hide or get away (like a tornado, tsunami, whirlpool, water spout). It's really the feeling of being overwhelmed by something out of my control, which, you guessed it, is the emotion/stressor/event in reality that causes such nightmares.

When I was a child, however, I did have nightterrors (which is...a nightmare + hallucinations on waking). Most were about darkness swallowing me up. The worst one was where I dreamt that bees flew in my bedroom window and were attacking me as a swarm. I woke up, and started screaming because my senses were going haywire and I mistook the purple static I saw (I guess from waking up so fast) as bees, the movement of the blankets settling on me as the bees attacking me, and the very quiet hum of the AC as the sound of the bees. I remember even when my mother sat down on the edge of my bed I was so far gone mentally that I thought she was a giant queen bee.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sleep is the reprieve I get from many a nightmarish days.

So no, in the technical sense, I do not have problems with nightmares.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I have nightmares quite often. But I kind of enjoy it Mine are mostly about stressful situations, like being hunted in various ways. I usually win or wake up, though, so it is not that bad.
    I have those, but I don't think they count as nightmares if you win.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

When I was sleeping in the compound that they held Ghandi in prison for (which has been reconverted into a community centre) I woke up crying two nights in a row, not knowing why.

Not to say I haven't had my share of creepy disturbing nightmares, but I really don't have a problem with them.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis