User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I have quite frequent nightmares, but luckily they don't bother me too much after about a day or so mine tend to involve trying to escape from somewhere/one/thing, but wherever I hide they find me. Often I am with a big group of people who don't realise they are in danger and I'm trying to make sure they are safe before I can hide. Massive, shadowy monsters that I can't quite see but I can almost feel it breathing on my neck feature a lot, too xD
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    ISTx

I'll get them on occasion but not very often. My dreaming isn't typically very vivid, but like I said, on occasion I'll get something that's pretty intense. Nightmares don't bother me really (because all is fine when I awake). I almost enjoy them, for they fascinate me. It's interesting to me how it can hit an emotion, a looming fear or something indescribable that you don't experience in your waking life.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I'll get them on occasion but not very often. My dreaming isn't typically very vivid, but like I said, on occasion I'll get something that's pretty intense. Nightmares don't bother me really (because all is fine when I awake). I almost enjoy them, for they fascinate me. It's interesting to me how it can hit an emotion, a looming fear or something indescribable that you don't experience in your waking life.
    Great point! I get them pretty frequently, not death or torture but escaping. I actually do kinda enjoy that feeling. The fear morphs into suspense for me now that i'm used to it.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

I ask because when I listen to other people I get impression that somthing is missing inside me.

So I am trying this approach in trying to determine: Why?

I have two theorys
    1. High T
    2. The fact that I had nighmares until I was 6. Then I started playing violent video games and the problem was gone just like that.Since then I don't have a problem too such a degree that I am starting to wonder that I acually have a problem it is just a other extreme.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I ask because when I listen to other people I get impression that somthing is missing inside me.

So I am trying this approach in trying to determine: Why?

I have two theorys
    1. High T
    2. The fact that I had nighmares until I was 6. Then I started playing violent video games and the problem was gone just like that.Since then I don't have a problem too such a degree that I am starting to wonder that I acually have a problem it is just a other extreme.
    Maybe you do have nightmares like pretty much everyone else with the same kind of themes/plots, but they just don't seem like nightmares to you?
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My husband has nightmares relatively frequently and it seems as though they are very complex and vivid. Probably goes along with his wonderful imagination. I envy the imagination, but not the nightmares.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    My husband has nightmares relatively frequently and it seems as though they are very complex and vivid. Probably goes along with his wonderful imagination. I envy the imagination, but not the nightmares.
    Yeah, I think nightmares and imagination are pretty closely linked. I've never met an unimaginative person who has a lot of nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyStilettos View Post
    Maybe you do have nightmares like pretty much everyone else with the same kind of themes/plots, but they just don't seem like nightmares to you?
    That is why I asked about what people have nightmares.
    Yes, I had some very "dark" dreams and I loved them but with years I have lost even that.

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Yeah, I think nightmares and imagination are pretty closely linked. I've never met an unimaginative person who has a lot of nightmares.
    I will be arrogant and say that you have just found the first one.

But if I take a look at the big picture I think that you are totally right.

What I find interesting is that it look like that NFPs have more problem with this then others.
    But from what I know from the real life, NPs are most likely to have problems with this.