User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 87

  1. #11
    Senior Member WobblyStilettos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    331

    Default

    I have quite frequent nightmares, but luckily they don't bother me too much after about a day or so mine tend to involve trying to escape from somewhere/one/thing, but wherever I hide they find me. Often I am with a big group of people who don't realise they are in danger and I'm trying to make sure they are safe before I can hide. Massive, shadowy monsters that I can't quite see but I can almost feel it breathing on my neck feature a lot, too xD
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

  2. #12
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    I'll get them on occasion but not very often. My dreaming isn't typically very vivid, but like I said, on occasion I'll get something that's pretty intense. Nightmares don't bother me really (because all is fine when I awake). I almost enjoy them, for they fascinate me. It's interesting to me how it can hit an emotion, a looming fear or something indescribable that you don't experience in your waking life.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I'll get them on occasion but not very often. My dreaming isn't typically very vivid, but like I said, on occasion I'll get something that's pretty intense. Nightmares don't bother me really (because all is fine when I awake). I almost enjoy them, for they fascinate me. It's interesting to me how it can hit an emotion, a looming fear or something indescribable that you don't experience in your waking life.
    Great point! I get them pretty frequently, not death or torture but escaping. I actually do kinda enjoy that feeling. The fear morphs into suspense for me now that i'm used to it.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  4. #14
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,680

    Default

    I ask because when I listen to other people I get impression that somthing is missing inside me.

    So I am trying this approach in trying to determine: Why?

    I have two theorys
    1. High T
    2. The fact that I had nighmares until I was 6. Then I started playing violent video games and the problem was gone just like that.Since then I don't have a problem too such a degree that I am starting to wonder that I acually have a problem it is just a other extreme.

  5. #15
    Senior Member WobblyStilettos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I ask because when I listen to other people I get impression that somthing is missing inside me.

    So I am trying this approach in trying to determine: Why?

    I have two theorys
    1. High T
    2. The fact that I had nighmares until I was 6. Then I started playing violent video games and the problem was gone just like that.Since then I don't have a problem too such a degree that I am starting to wonder that I acually have a problem it is just a other extreme.
    Maybe you do have nightmares like pretty much everyone else with the same kind of themes/plots, but they just don't seem like nightmares to you?
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

  6. #16
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    My husband has nightmares relatively frequently and it seems as though they are very complex and vivid. Probably goes along with his wonderful imagination. I envy the imagination, but not the nightmares.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  7. #17
    Senior Member JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    My husband has nightmares relatively frequently and it seems as though they are very complex and vivid. Probably goes along with his wonderful imagination. I envy the imagination, but not the nightmares.
    Yeah, I think nightmares and imagination are pretty closely linked. I've never met an unimaginative person who has a lot of nightmares.

  8. #18
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyStilettos View Post
    Maybe you do have nightmares like pretty much everyone else with the same kind of themes/plots, but they just don't seem like nightmares to you?
    That is why I asked about what people have nightmares.
    Yes, I had some very "dark" dreams and I loved them but with years I have lost even that.

  9. #19
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Yeah, I think nightmares and imagination are pretty closely linked. I've never met an unimaginative person who has a lot of nightmares.
    I will be arrogant and say that you have just found the first one.

    But if I take a look at the big picture I think that you are totally right.

  10. #20
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,680

    Default

    What I find interesting is that it look like that NFPs have more problem with this then others.
    But from what I know from the real life, NPs are most likely to have problems with this.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Sx dom ENTP's: How many of you have mis-typed as an ENFP?
    By The Great One in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-20-2013, 09:09 PM
  2. [E6] Type 6's: How many of you have OCD?
    By The Great One in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-07-2013, 03:46 PM
  3. How many of you have made the move to purchasing music digitally?
    By swordpath in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 03:14 PM
  4. How many of you don't celebrate you birthdays?
    By Virtual ghost in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 12:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO