• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

mental disorder

SteinitzGamgbit

i am extremely withdrawl from the outside world. from the moment i wake up i'm brainstorming ideas and developing useless ideas that i often forget 5 minutes after. i dont like forming inter personal relationships. i dont like people at all. i just want to be alone. i try to avoid social contact as much as i can. sometimes in certain situations a fear will spawn in the back of my head, i cant really put it in words, but its like i'm extremely afraid of something for a short span of time - like 2 to 10 seconds. i'm extremely bad at communicating, i mispell words all the time, don't really know how to react to basic speech like "good morning!", eg, i will often respond with "yeah i'm fine and you?" with a spelling error, ie, saying "frine" instead of "fine". i just want to be by myself and possibly with my weaboo moe shit. i'm extremely energyless, i simply quit life because its easier than to go out and do whatever. i have so little energy that, if i were trapped to hell, and if there was a short ladder i could just take to get to heaven, i'd probaly just say to myself "nah" and try to get myself used to hell. i'm filthy, disgusting, ugly, unhealthy. i try to avoid thinking about things i should do ie try to get a girlfriend, have kids, minimally imrpove my life, etc. i'm happy with little.

what's the name of my disorder?

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is this a riddle or do you want us to give you a diagnosis? Because I don't think a lot of people here are qualified for that.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here's one remedy: exercise

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
It's not a disorder. You just sound like you're depressed and unmotivated.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
It depends on how long you've been feeling like this, and what feelings surround your avoidance of others.

SteinitzGamgbit

It depends on how long you've been feeling like this, and what feelings surround your avoidance of others.
4 months.
I just feel different, and I can't relate to other people.
I just want to be by myself.
Somehow I also feel like I don't want to be seen or whatever.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's not a disorder. You just sound like you're depressed and unmotivated.

Depression is a disorder. I'm being treated right now for a major depressive episode (it was so bad that I was off of work for two months), and I probably should have been taking something for depression a long time ago. It's not like I didn't know I had issues with depression or nothing like that happened to me before.

I can't say that's what the OP has, though.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Depression is a disorder. I'm being treated right now for a major depressive episode (it was so bad that I was off of work for two months), and I probably should have been taking something for depression a long time ago. It's not like I didn't know I had issues with depression or nothing like that happened to me before.

I can't say that's what the OP has, though.

Oh yeah, I guess depression is a disorder according to the book. Sorry to hear about yours. However, I'm just wondering why people think they have a "disorder" all the time. Sometimes, it's just the way you are, and in the OP description of himself, I'm not sure that the word disorder applies. I mean, maybe he's just a loner. Now, psychiatrists could tell someone who is simply a loner that they have some sort of avoidant disorder, or a personality disorder. He can't spell. That certainly isn't a disorder. He doesn't have energy, maybe he needs some nutritional supplement. And being happy with little is a good thing, not a disorder. So, that's why I posted what I did.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Now, psychiatrists could tell someone who is simply a loner that they have some sort of avoidant disorder, or a personality disorder.

Good psychiatrists don't do this. I guess I'm just irritated with skepticism about psychiatry, because I had it for a long time, and it would have saved me a lot of trouble if I had avoided my skepticism. I didn't think anti-depressants were necessary, and I think this caused me a lot of problems.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good psychiatrists don't do this. I guess I'm just irritated with skepticism about psychiatry, because I had it for a long time, and it would have saved me a lot of trouble if I had avoided my skepticism. I didn't think anti-depressants were necessary, and I think this caused me a lot of problems.

Skepticism about psychiatry has its place and shouldn't be discouraged. Not all psychiatrists are good. Invalidating people who need diagnoses or discouraging them from seeking diagnoses for themselves is different than skepticism about psychiatry and doesn't have its place.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Skepticism about psychiatry has its place and shouldn't be discouraged. Not all psychiatrists are good. Invalidating people who need diagnoses or discouraging them from seeking diagnoses for themselves is different than skepticism about psychiatry and doesn't have its place.

True enough. I just switched mine because I was really skeptical towards the one I was seeing, and had been for a while.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Though I have seen psychiatrists also invalidate people and refuse to treat them too, so I guess the skepticism thing is complex. But I mean in general that people shouldn't be stopped from doing what they want to do for themselves, and that includes being treated and being diagnosed. But that doesn't preclude skepticism towards psychiatry. Sometimes skepticism towards psychiatry is necessary in order to get treated at all. But I really really digress. This will probably be moved to off topic.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
my advice: is we can't diagnose you, so maybe talk to someone who can.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
4 months.
I just feel different, and I can't relate to other people.
I just want to be by myself.
Somehow I also feel like I don't want to be seen or whatever.

On the bright-side, 4 months isn't long enough to be connected to a 'personality-disorder', which is deeply ingrained by a pretty early age. But that doesn't rule out depressive disorders, anxiety disorders, etc.

Do you think that not wanting to be around others, or seen, might be more related to how you feel about yourself? A sensitivity to what others will think, what kind of judgments they make?

Or is it that you don't find other people very interesting, or find social-interactions rewarding?

How were you different before you started feeling this way?

I don't want to invalidate how you are feeling at all. But you should know that, the way you are feeling isn't uncommon, and fitting yourself into a box doesn't really matter. You've realized the most important thing that someone can - that you want to feel better. You'd be amazed at just how many people have numbed themselves out to the point that they can no longer identify what they really think and feel about things. But you know, you want to feel better. And you must believe, that you can. Because if you didn't, there would be no point in making a post that many eyes will see.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i am extremely withdrawl from the outside world. from the moment i wake up i'm brainstorming ideas and developing useless ideas that i often forget 5 minutes after. i dont like forming inter personal relationships. i dont like people at all. i just want to be alone. i try to avoid social contact as much as i can. sometimes in certain situations a fear will spawn in the back of my head, i cant really put it in words, but its like i'm extremely afraid of something for a short span of time - like 2 to 10 seconds. i'm extremely bad at communicating, i mispell words all the time, don't really know how to react to basic speech like "good morning!", eg, i will often respond with "yeah i'm fine and you?" with a spelling error, ie, saying "frine" instead of "fine". i just want to be by myself and possibly with my weaboo moe shit. i'm extremely energyless, i simply quit life because its easier than to go out and do whatever. i have so little energy that, if i were trapped to hell, and if there was a short ladder i could just take to get to heaven, i'd probaly just say to myself "nah" and try to get myself used to hell. i'm filthy, disgusting, ugly, unhealthy. i try to avoid thinking about things i should do ie try to get a girlfriend, have kids, minimally imrpove my life, etc. i'm happy with little.

While I am not keen on labels they can sometimes be useful vessels in which to travel to unlock portals (and can be discarded after use). Your concerns do appear to be rooted in anxiety, and I'm not convinced you really want to be alone and away from people. It seems as though you just want to feel ok. Using apathy/nihilism as an escape can work but is probably not really what you are looking for. When anxiety has the pit of your stomach in knots and you just can't stand being around others because of the fear of not understanding how to be yourself then it's certainly a problem. Could be you just need some good people in your life who will treat you well and give you space when you need it. Could be a good dose of regular exercise and healthy eating could help. Possibly some multivitamins and herbal remedies or maybe even (though i'd only suggest it as a last resort) pharma meds. All just guesswork at this stage with limited info.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ

There are some good shrinks, I think in my lifetime I've had one. He was an older man who seemed not to label people but rather allowed them to speak without judgement. But most are very quick to give a diagnosis and prescribe meds. It's what they do. They're doctors. I have nothing against meds, they saved my life, but I only go to psychiatrists now to get the prescriptions refilled.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
note... it is not the policy of this forum to diagnose anybody or to advise them on what form of treatment they should seek... none of us here are your doctor, who would be the appropriate person to ask such questions of

sorry :)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Anxiety produces stress chemicals, and if the body doesn't make use of them it can lead to a response of depression. Though I would say that it is like growing used to fear and just accepting that things will be bad.

Something will motivate you! :)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
note... it is not the policy of this forum to diagnose anybody or to advise them on what form of treatment they should seek... none of us here are your doctor, who would be the appropriate person to ask such questions of

sorry :)

Agreed.

I mean, agreed.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Sounds like a depressive mood disorder.

Dunno which one, you'll need to see a psychologist or psychiatrist. You should take it all with a grain of salt though. Going in for a diagnosis in mental health isn't the most productive approach. I mean, yeah, you go to a psychiatrist and you'll probably get one, but that's because it's what they do.

The bigger issue is that you're unhappy. You need to see someone about that. A pill might make it better, but it won't magically solve everything.

Hope things get better :)

EDIT: On my phone, but can explain more when I get home. No way to diagnose you on an internet forum, but can help you with questions to ask and an overview of what tnt disorders are