• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

J or P?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I stole this thread title from someone else. :p

So I've been thinking today.....

and I began to wonder if J's and P's can get along when they really get to know each other.

What say you?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

and I began to wonder if J's and P's can get along when they really get to know each other.

What say you?

Yes?

I mean, I have lots of working and enjoyable relationships with J people.

ygolo

My termites win
I believe Js and Ps can get along quite well. There are a lot of examples. Actually, it seems that, in romantic relationships, it is more common for a J-P pairing than a J-J or P-P pairing.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out

*looks horrified* No. No...

NOOOOOOOO!!!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
SILLY THREAD ALERT! *sirens*

Of course Ps and Js can get along. I think the sky might be blue, anyone want to jump on that grenade?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

What say you?
Yes.
I am a very strong J and my husband is a very strong P and we have managed to get a long just fine for over 28 years.

Getting along with other people requires us to put down our own selfish desires and defer to the other person sometimes.
No one can get through life satisfactorily always getting their own way.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You can get along with anybody if they're normal and if you're open minded.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah, no problem for me getting along with perceiving types. Unless they're late. But J types can be late, too.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What say you?

I have very good reasons to believe that they can.
And I hope they can. :(

Mole

Permabanned
The Subnormal, the Normal and the Abnormal

You can get along with anybody if they're normal and if you're open minded.

The problem is the normal socially exclude the subnormal and the abnormal.

They exclude them with a visceral viciousness.

And it is the visceral viciousness that betrays the fear, hatred and contempt the normal have for the subnormal and the abnormal.

And what is most interesting is that the normal socially exclude the subnormal and the abnormal from the moral high ground.

And the moral high ground acts as an unconscious psychological defence against knowing their own fear, viciousness and conformity.

It is a closed, self perpetuating circle.

There is nothing open minded about it.

heart

heart on fire
And the moral high ground acts as an unconscious psychological defence against knowing their own fear, viciousness and conformity.

Anti-conformity just for the sheer sake of being anti-conformist is as bad as conformning for the sake of conforming. Neither has control of their own mind.

MBTI Type
INxJ
SILLY THREAD ALERT! *sirens*

Of course Ps and Js can get along. I think the sky might be blue, anyone want to jump on that grenade?

lol

It's kinda clear and shows off different colors depending on atmospheric pressure, light waves etc.

J's and P's can definitely get along.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I almost find it easier to get along with Js than it is for me to get along with other Ps...

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Me and my close ISTJ friend get along very well and have great conversations. However, if we go to any subject either of us really cares about, we nearly always strongly and fundamentally disagree. But, no matter how much we annoy each other (neither of us will give way), within 24 hours it's all forgotten and we're laughing again.

My INTJ and I are like brothers and the love of my life was an ENTJ. Though, the only types I can think of more than one individual example of me just not being able to reconcile with them at all are FJ's. I think I'm getting closer to figuring out how to conduct a civil acquaintanceship with them but I'm not quite there yet. There are quiet a few individual FJ's that I really like and respect a lot, and want to be friendlier with, but my experiences with the others and the shades in them that remind me of them, basically, have me just scared to even try... working on that though...

My mom and step dad are ISTP and ESFJ and they're a very happy couple since 23 years. So yeah, silly question really!!

iamWong

MBTI Type
INTJ
Most of my friends are Ps - which leads them inevitably to responding with "i'm fine with anything" when we're planning stuff. It infuriates me to no end!
Oh well. I guess we J types aren't perfect either. Ps probably find us too bossy. Go figure.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Most of my friends are Ps - which leads them inevitably to responding with "i'm fine with anything" when we're planning stuff. It infuriates me to no end!
Oh well. I guess we J types aren't perfect either. Ps probably find us too bossy. Go figure.

Sometimes it's the reverse though. Sometimes a certain J I know will SAY she doesn't mind, but only because her Fe doesn't want her to appear bossy. She does have a preference, but says she doesn't. So she forces me to choose where we eat, say, and then sits there like a wet weekend the whole way through. Then later tells me she didn't want to go to that place and it makes her feel uncomfortable but she just went there because I suggested it, then accuses me of being bossy! :steam:

I've learned now to counter this with insistance that she chooses where we eat and *I* don't mind if she's bossy :laugh:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

I'm a J and I often am really fine with anything. There's more important things to think about (like conquering the wordl bla bla usual ENTJ stuff) than where to eat tonight :D