First 2345 Last

Thread: J or P?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Considering that many Ps are quite obviously annoying and should be shot plus many of my friends and family are Js I'd say yes.

Personally I'm more likely to befriend a J than a P because at least you know what you've got without having to try and bring out the industrial tools to get at the interesting stuff. There's nothing more annoying to me than a habitually avoidant P!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Sometimes it's the reverse though. Sometimes a certain J I know will SAY she doesn't mind, but only because her Fe doesn't want her to appear bossy. She does have a preference, but says she doesn't. So she forces me to choose where we eat, say, and then sits there like a wet weekend the whole way through. Then later tells me she didn't want to go to that place and it makes her feel uncomfortable but she just went there because I suggested it, then accuses me of being bossy! :steam:

I've learned now to counter this with insistance that she chooses where we eat and *I* don't mind if she's bossy
    Argh . . . I had a picky ESTJ-friend pull this same thing. So half-way through she was clearly less than thrilled. I told her I refused to let her ruin it for me when she clearly had preferences she didn't express and I was the one who truly didn't care where we went. And then I ate my dinner with relish.
    Err . . . Not the condiment, the 'tude.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Considering that many Ps are quite obviously annoying and should be shot plus many of my friends and family are Js I'd say yes.

Personally I'm more likely to befriend a J than a P because at least you know what you've got without having to try and bring out the industrial tools to get at the interesting stuff. There's nothing more annoying to me than a habitually avoidant P!
    cuz you're a J!!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

cuz you're a J!!!
    Some, of course, resist even the most thorough measures... this is what we, in the know, breed special cats for. Talk or your thighs get acupunctured into next week!!!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    istp

i like Js. i prefer to be the only anomaly in my environment, so i tend to be more comfortable around them in a "i like to know my boundaries so i can break them" sort of way.

i dont like when people "J me out", but that really has nothing to do with real J-types as much as someone exemplifying the more annoying of the stereotypes

like, you know, you have to put your dishes in the washer a certain way, or whatever. what if i dont want to take the mule tour once we're in mexico? i need to save my pesos for questionable looking street food

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

This is on my mind again today. Still wondering.

Any personal experiences to share?

Look at it this way.

In the case that they can get along this world would have collapsed long ago.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

The closest thing I have to a friend is a J.
    So yes.
    we fukin won boys

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Also, Hmm; for your consideration.

It's no worry if there's a might too much for you to grapple with -- I tend to get verbose when frustrated.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Also, Hmm; for your consideration.

It's no worry if there's a might too much for you to grapple with -- I tend to get verbose when frustrated.
    Thanks. I've just read a few posts of that and I can tell it's something that might help me. Why are you frustrated though?