^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Yeah, I stole this thread title from someone else. :P

So I've been thinking today.....

and I began to wonder if J's and P's can get along when they really get to know each other.

What say you?
    I have very good reasons to believe that they can.
    And I hope they can.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Default The Subnormal, the Normal and the Abnormal

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    You can get along with anybody if they're normal and if you're open minded.
    The problem is the normal socially exclude the subnormal and the abnormal.

They exclude them with a visceral viciousness.

And it is the visceral viciousness that betrays the fear, hatred and contempt the normal have for the subnormal and the abnormal.

And what is most interesting is that the normal socially exclude the subnormal and the abnormal from the moral high ground.

And the moral high ground acts as an unconscious psychological defence against knowing their own fear, viciousness and conformity.

It is a closed, self perpetuating circle.

There is nothing open minded about it.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And the moral high ground acts as an unconscious psychological defence against knowing their own fear, viciousness and conformity.
    Anti-conformity just for the sheer sake of being anti-conformist is as bad as conformning for the sake of conforming. Neither has control of their own mind.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    SILLY THREAD ALERT! *sirens*

Of course Ps and Js can get along. I think the sky might be blue, anyone want to jump on that grenade?
    lol

It's kinda clear and shows off different colors depending on atmospheric pressure, light waves etc.

J's and P's can definitely get along.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I almost find it easier to get along with Js than it is for me to get along with other Ps...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    You can get along with anybody if they're normal and if you're open minded.
    What is normal?

MBTI
    ENTP

Me and my close ISTJ friend get along very well and have great conversations. However, if we go to any subject either of us really cares about, we nearly always strongly and fundamentally disagree. But, no matter how much we annoy each other (neither of us will give way), within 24 hours it's all forgotten and we're laughing again.

My INTJ and I are like brothers and the love of my life was an ENTJ. Though, the only types I can think of more than one individual example of me just not being able to reconcile with them at all are FJ's. I think I'm getting closer to figuring out how to conduct a civil acquaintanceship with them but I'm not quite there yet. There are quiet a few individual FJ's that I really like and respect a lot, and want to be friendlier with, but my experiences with the others and the shades in them that remind me of them, basically, have me just scared to even try... working on that though...

My mom and step dad are ISTP and ESFJ and they're a very happy couple since 23 years. So yeah, silly question really!!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ

Most of my friends are Ps - which leads them inevitably to responding with "i'm fine with anything" when we're planning stuff. It infuriates me to no end!
    Oh well. I guess we J types aren't perfect either. Ps probably find us too bossy. Go figure.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by iamWongtheGreat View Post
    Most of my friends are Ps - which leads them inevitably to responding with "i'm fine with anything" when we're planning stuff. It infuriates me to no end!
    Oh well. I guess we J types aren't perfect either. Ps probably find us too bossy. Go figure.
    Sometimes it's the reverse though. Sometimes a certain J I know will SAY she doesn't mind, but only because her Fe doesn't want her to appear bossy. She does have a preference, but says she doesn't. So she forces me to choose where we eat, say, and then sits there like a wet weekend the whole way through. Then later tells me she didn't want to go to that place and it makes her feel uncomfortable but she just went there because I suggested it, then accuses me of being bossy! :steam:

I've learned now to counter this with insistance that she chooses where we eat and *I* don't mind if she's bossy
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by iamWongtheGreat View Post
    I'm a J and I often am really fine with anything. There's more important things to think about (like conquering the wordl bla bla usual ENTJ stuff) than where to eat tonight
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp