User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Being a total dumbass, I would say thinking is my only limitation, which is grossly limited, especially in my spatial incapability.

I took an IQ test, but I don't believe it.

I took an EQ test, but I don't believe that either.

The only thing I can do fairly well in is languages, but everything else is a total and complete mystery to me.

And who gives a crap? I don't need to be intelligent. I let the intelligent people do the work for me.
    I ask myself questions about iq tests...I had a 124 and fail miserably in math yet they said I scored highest on these parts, math and "logic".-.-....take it "with a grain of salt" indeed.I took it a year ago, lost interest. I'm not a complete moron but just like little linguist languages are very interesting to me and so is psychology. I get good grades in written languages, good because I enjoy that. I'm also good in history because I am very good at memorizing something that has a "human touch" to it, anything "naturally human" is interesting to me.(I know I talk like a fanatical person or some kind of alien who isn't human herself )
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Extremely quiet in real life. People actually believed I was mute as a kid.
    I feel you there. I'm not as quiet now, much goofier as well.

MBTI
    ISTP

1. Whats your iq

140 or so, when I last took one a few years back. (Although I score well on them, I don't especially think they're a great indicator of intelligence.)

2. what are your quirky traits-your affinities

I can learn anything that I'm interested in, very quickly. I learned Java, C++, and VB6/VB.NET in less than 6 months after becoming interested in programming. I can operate almost anything mechanical with zero training and need very little time to figure it out.

3. due to proportions-geniuses are just as flawed as they are gifted,
    so what are your cons-the simple tasks that you find daunting

I cannot draw anything, and my writing is bordering on illegibility. If I'm not interested in the task/subject, I have an extremely short attention span, and become annoyed with it quickly. Unless I know someone well, I tend to be silent, or nearly so.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    Fellow geniuses :

1. Whats your iq

2. what are your quirky traits-your affinities

3. due to proportions-geniuses are just as flawed as they are gifted,
    so what are your cons-the simple tasks that you find daunting

The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ~ Anonymous

2) im a fast eater... like ridiculously fast.

3) i cant stop analyzing everything, sometimes it makes me go a little bonkers

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    I don't want to be smarter than most other people.

[SIZE="1"]I don't think I've got much to worry about.[/SIZE]
    Woah woah woah! How many synonyms could you think up for the word "happy"? 23 was it? ...so shut it!

Nahhhh, I'm just playin'. You're probably one of those people who sees smart as having an IQ of 160+ and anything beneath that is stupid, but only for you because everyone else with a modicum of intelligence is "smart" by default. Or maybe I'm just projecting...

Banned
    MBTI
    type

NTs and NFs are kind of polarized on the "smart" issue. LOL. No, not like that. NFs see everyone as smart, and NTs see no one as smart. (Excessive generalization used for effect.)

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    NTs and NFs are kind of polarized on the "smart" issue. LOL. No, not like that. NFs see everyone as smart, and NTs see no one as smart. (Excessive generalization used for effect.)
    That holds true for me and sometimes I am surprised. I am INFP-goofy in a way that some people don't "get." And then I don't "get" why they don't "get" it.

Sigh.

But my expectations regarding others' intelligence are often overestimations.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This was another trap, wasn't it?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Nahhhh, I'm just playin'. You're probably one of those people who sees smart as having an IQ of 160+ and anything beneath that is stupid, but only for you because everyone else with a modicum of intelligence is "smart" by default. Or maybe I'm just projecting...
    Not at all. I just think with happiness and virtue being the aim; it's harder to hold onto through the calculative life than it is with a life of moral virtue.

Compassion>Intelligence

Aristotle (384-322 BCE): Overview [Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy]
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INTP

I dunno my Iq score, but I bet I would score decently above average. Enough for specialized classes when I was younger.

I think I'm just really curious about a lot of things. Unconventional thoughts and Ideas are very common for me, more normal when I talk to others who are very intelligent. I think the inverse is true too, I really appreciate the insights and follow the flow of a very intelligent person more.I think I read in a book a quote that I thought really exemplifies my stance.

"I may not be the smartest but I'm the biggest sponge of great Ideas"

basically as long as your creative and have great ideas I'll consider you "smart" regardless of what papers say. A Lot of people aren't even moderately creative and have extremely derived ideas they don't even begin to comprehend. Most people on this site I would say are at least curious and have some original ideas, more so than the general population I encounter(by a wide margin)

scatter brained as hell. my knowledge is extremely context related in the sense that I need a springboard in the form of someone smarter or more knowledgeable in a domain to bring out my fund of knowledge and ideas so that I can use them in a more unique manner. terrible specific memory, every thing is a loose concept. EXTREMELY disorganized.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.