• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you think of ESTJs?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have a positive view of most of the ESTJs I've interacted with. Of course, I can't be sure they were all ESTJs (it's armchair typing really) but my impression was strong Te and Si. I love the matter-of-fact approach they have about things and how they don't care too much for overcomplicating things but rather prefer to distill things into simplicity. This is why they excel in management IMO.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My soulmates. All of them every single one, simultaneously. As you can imagine, it is hard to balance.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
One of the hawtest types for sure. The sexiest logistics I've ever seen were on an ESTJ.

But really, they're cool. Stubborn sometimes, but cool.

Sil

This is a test.
Only met one confirmed ESTJ. He was all right as a person, but a roll-your-eyes nightmare to work with. Cool dude though.

Lloyd

Ain Soph Aur
MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think persons who have this personality type tend to stick to traditions and I think they have a capability of leading people according to their own values. Also, cold and stern on the outside but a kind person at heart.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm. I have to recall my past experiences and use them as a guide in order to answer this one.

Some of them like to just hang out and walk the city streets like normal people.

They're among the last to give up on working hard and pressing forward. And among the last to tolerate bullshitting around. And among the most willful and most capable of standing their ground. We need resolute people.

Like anyone's traits, these traits are good and bad. Mind-making-upping is mind-making-upping.

By and large, if you can keep up with them, you're golden.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The Good - Focused, straight forward. Aggressive. Energetic, no BS. Efficient and mostly logical. These are get shit done people and they are very good at it.

The Bad - Rigid. Demanding and critical and that can be a huge issue in the workplace. Blinders on to new ideas and different ways of thinking at times. Can be huge downers if religious ideals and beliefs come into play excessively. Sometimes way too obsessed with tradition, laws and that "this is the way it's always been" lines of thinking.

I personally like them. As long as they aren't too energy sucking too often (and they can be). These are also the people you have to tell to take a chill pill more often than some others. As they get older, they seem to mellow and that's a plus.

vaulttec

MBTI Type
ESTJ
ENTJs with one spoon of sugar and another of chili.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i don't hate them. some times i like them even.

gromit

likes this
I like them a lot socially.

Professionally they sorta make me feel bad/incompetent. But I realize that's as much me as it is them.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i'd like them more if they would do the 4-5 assignments i forgot about and due 8am tommorow. they're sj's they like they kind of stuff :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like them a lot socially.

Professionally they sorta make me feel bad/incompetent. But I realize that's as much me as it is them.
Why? What can we do better?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For a type that is stereotyped as very serious and business-like, I think that they can be very exuberant and animated. I think that's true with any Delta type but more apparent with the Es in that quadra

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For a type that is stereotyped as very serious and business-like, I think that they can be very exuberant and animated. I think that's true with any Delta type but more apparent with the Es in that quadra
^ Fact.

(Unrelated but related to your avatar and sig: Big Trouble in Little China FOR THE WIN)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Fact.

(Unrelated but related to your avatar and sig: Big Trouble in Little China FOR THE WIN)

0VX6RmT.gif

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ESTJ friend is efficient and logical and energetic, etc. He is also controlling and domineering and rigid.

He is a single dad (his ESFP ex cheated on him when he was deployed in the Iraq War and then divorced him when he got back.)

He is very wife hungry and has an endless string of attractive GFs, but none live up to his standards and strict rules. I am his relationship sounding board, but I will be sorry for his wife after he remarries.... he is completely clueless how controlling and manipulative he is.....

Such a great guy, but so clueless......

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why? What can we do better?
Well, any interaction between two people is a function of both parties. One usually just can't help but come across as they do to the other -- whether annoying, condescending, blunt, steadfast, passive, or saccharine -- at least to a degree. A large part of how they come across is driven by their own personality, but part of it is just impression.

In the ESTJ's case, I suppose they're influenced by their own natural bluntness and steadfastness? :shrug:

So, welp. There's only so much that one can control for, ever. We can all "improve," but it'd also be ludicrous to think that any of us can take much more than our share of the other's impression.

The first step to "improvement" on that is becoming aware. And anyone studying personality has that pretty much down pat.