First 123 Last

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Don't change! I love people like that! They say all the stuff I wish I would say but I get all timid too much of the time.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Yeah. I wish I could be more like that. I get too unsure a lot though. The problem with this is that you never *know* how the person would've reacted then. And perhaps it would've been bad or good...

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I've been criticized over the years for my habit of saying whatever is on my mind at the time without really bothering to think things through before talking. This occasionally gets some odd looks and makes people wonder if I'm really all that bright at all- not to mention it tends to ruffle the feathers of more proper people.

Of the people I know it's usually the ExxPs who have this habit as well.

Is this really type related or a sign that I am, perhaps, as some have suggested, a throuroghly uncouth idiot?
    Heh If you want to see the problems I have with this, just take a look at my last blog entry, although that is a relatively extreme example.

Seriously, though, I have a problem with speaking before I think. And writing before I think. And sometimes even acting before I think. Except, of course, when I *have* to speak, write, or act quickly. Then I blank out, of course. :-P
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

I've been criticized over the years for my habit of saying whatever is on my mind at the time without really bothering to think things through before talking. This occasionally gets some odd looks and makes people wonder if I'm really all that bright at all- not to mention it tends to ruffle the feathers of more proper people.

Is this really type related or a sign that I am, perhaps, as some have suggested, a throuroghly uncouth idiot?
    There is nothing wrong with that at all. Funny think is even as a severe introvert, I do the same thing too. Just at a MUCH slower pace.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Yeah. I wish I could be more like that. I get too unsure a lot though. The problem with this is that you never *know* how the person would've reacted then. And perhaps it would've been bad or good...
    That's the real Achilles heel of Ne I think. That you just can't live with yourself for not finding something out when you had the opportunity, so... *cringe*
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Heh, I've had plenty of problem with this, although I try to control it somewhat. When I am self monitoring I can usually keep my thoughts to myself. If I am excited or tired or taken off guard, then I just let the words fly without thinking of the consequences.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Uhh, I've been one of the worst examples of apparent talk-first-then-think ideology. That's never been the case tho; I've seen I'm free to talk in some boundaries, and then I let myself loose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP

Forums are hard for me and probably other EP's. Reading back on my posts, I notice that I start on topic and then just talk about whatever is on my mind. It makes me wonder if the things I say in person are ridiculous also..!

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    That's the real Achilles heel of Ne I think. That you just can't live with yourself for not finding something out when you had the opportunity, so... *cringe*

then you get the troublemaker branding when it was just healthy curiosity.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Like many of you guys know, i'm pretty good at writing weird stuff that I don't think through before it's out I wouldn't restrict it to ExxP's only I'd like to believe that i'm not just a complete idiot
    Perhaps it's not because of lack of intelligence, it might be that I do it on purpose on a subconscious level, just to be funny?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come