User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Unless you directly analyze someone's word(and they don't always give words) then you can only guess their thought by way of their actions. We tend to interpret people thoughts based on how we ourselves would act. I guess this causes a lot of consusion when dealing with other types.

I can right throught the crowd in order to talk to someone I'm interested. I pretty much put all of society at the mercy of the few people that matter to me. I guess I expect the same to be done for me. That may sound to some like a lot to ask for, but I repeat that it doesn't seem like too much to me because it's how much I give. It's merely an expectation of reciprocation.

About having feelings hurt... Last semester, a fellow student of mine made a point to form friendly relations with me. He was Extraverted to the extreme. He worked together a lot for the duration of the spring, and then when school ended for the summer, we parted ways. I never called him a single time between then and the start of this semester. He said he was expecting that I'd call him at least once. *shrug*

He struck me as more of a colleague than a long term friend. I guess Extraverts expect more indiscriminate cordiality from Introverts.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    If I didn't have the need to have a partner in life, hell fuck yeah. Women are the only thing keeping me out of the woods, seriously.
    I don't believe that for a second. I might of someone else but not you mate. I know you crave friendship and good times. You're just bitter and distrustful of people. It's not a genuine desire to be alone forever, and if you think about it to conclusion, imagine you've got your wife who loves you and you're crazy about, do you think she's gonna want to spend her whole life indoors with you as her sole contact with the human race, or going out on her own?

I do know a few actual hermits, you know... one of them's an extravert... I know quite a lot of people who have gone into silent/solitary contemplative religious life thinking it'd suit them, to get away from people and be alone, and they haven't lasted because they've all realized fairly quickly just how much they actually do want and need people, and that their claims that they didn't were just trying to convince themselves of an excuse to not risk the vulnerability of actually opening up and trying. Some of them, like anyone, had more obvious reasons for bitterness, they'd been hurt a lot, really bad.

Actually I know a woman who lost three babies, all stillborn. And she tried for another one and the baby was born alive. When I just think of the pain she must've suffered each time she gave birth to a dead baby, and the courage it must've taken her to try again, and the joy it must give her to finally have a healthy baby... well it's a real inspiration to me and it really helped me in overcoming my social anxieities in the past. I figured the puny pain I've suffered at being rejected or cheated on or whatever is just nothing, nothing really. And the risk I take in trying again... nothing.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Uh, dude, I am still here, aren't I?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Uh, dude, I am still here, aren't I?
    Thankfully
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    ENTP

yeah Magic I've had that happen to me too. I've had old school friends look me up on Friends Reunited, initiate contact with me and we've spent a week e-mailing and catching up and saying how great it is to be back in touch and saying we'll have to meet up again soon. Then the weekend comes, they go home from work and spend the weekend doing their thing, and never reply to me again. That's it, they just used me to occupy their boring hours at work that week and now they're bored of me. It is hurtful.

I have to say Magic though, I also have the same attitude as you towards the people I care about. I give everything. I guess I just have a lot MORE people I care about, and it's very hard to prioritize and decide who comes first when you've got about 50 people that you really care about and they all need/want you. I don't care if a person wants my time, I'm willing to give it - I don't begrudge them taking up my time at all cos I don't see my time as mine anyway, I don't see ANYTHING as mine, not even my life. But it's not me they're taking the time away from - it's the other people I care about and need me as well. When you know as many people as I do (and many extraverts) and you're involved in people's lives up to the neck, y'know, it's hard to blow off somebody who really needs you in favour of talking about chess to your INTP friend for a couple of hours on pain of them writing you off as not caring because you selfishly had someone else to care about that day that needed you more...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Thankfully
    Trying, the temptation eats at me sometimes though.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I suppose it's just unavoidable that the more people you invest in, the more your abilities are going to be spread thin between them.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I suppose it's just unavoidable that the more people you invest in, the more your abilities are going to be spread thin between them.
    Yeah... if I meet someone and like them and start to care about them I can't just ruthlessly say 'no, I won't befriend this person, I have the permitted number of friends already!' lol

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah... if I meet someone and like them and start to care about them I can't just ruthlessly say 'no, I won't befriend this person, I have the permitted number of friends already!' lol
    Well, I don't have a quota. I just don't get attached that often.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I like extroverts that don't try to get me to talk. I enjoy if everyone else talks and I listen and me adding to it when I have something to say. But i do get nervous if I feel like I'm suppose to talk, but have nothing to say. It usually comes out in half phrases and mumbles.
    Agree.

I am not intimidated to approach an extrovert, but I feel invaded or harassed by entroverts who get aggressive with the:

"Hey! Speak up!"
    "You're too quiet!" Usually shouted.
    "Lighten Up!" repeated like broken record.

But extroverts who come to realize that I just need time to warm up are delightful.